Reclassification Speed Limits

Should be quick, I sent my old van's V5 off and it was back within a week. As long as you have included all of the requirements in the pictures and one including the registration number then you will be spot on.

I have to remember i'm only 50 mph on single carriageway's now, was used to the converted speed.

Andy

I will need to do this as well. My T6 is a T28 S-line TDI BMT. Body type Van/Side windows. Taxation class is disabled as the van has got a wheel chair lift fitted along with 2 seats mounted on rails on the offside in the rear. I will be removing and selling the tail lift and then fitting a 3 seater bench seat instead of the 2 seats in the back. The van has got windows all round, properly factory paneled and air con in the back. With the bench seat in the back does this make the van a Kombi or would I be better classing it as "van with side windows"? Any thoughts?
Cheers Baz

I'd just send v5 off for removal of disabled taxation class before doing much else and see what comes back.. They might class it as a kombi as has seats and windows already.. Give them a bell is another way..

For those that have reclassified does your V5 still say light goods vehicle for the taxation class? This is how mine arrived today and want to check its ok

35802081436_78b845bce7_h.jpgVWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr

Mine says Diesel Car
It's a T30 but where yours says T30 St-Ln Tdi BMT, mine says just T30 TDI BMT
My conversion is based on the window van

For those that have reclassified does your V5 still say light goods vehicle for the taxation class? This is how mine arrived today and want to check its ok

View attachment 10452VWT6.jpg by VW T6, on Flickr
Mine started life as a T30 panel van and went from "Light Goods Vehicle" to "Private/Light Goods (PLG)"?? Before and after images of my V5 for info:-

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Mine says Diesel Car
It's a T30 but where yours says T30 St-Ln Tdi BMT, mine says just T30 TDI BMT
My conversion is based on the window van
My model is correct (T30 startline tdi blue motion technology), it's the "taxation class" I was querying. I assume since my body type says motor caravan I can drive at the faster speeds in national speed limit areas now?

Edit - I just realised you meant yours says diesel car as the taxation class

Give DVLA a call, maybe because mine started out as a people carrier is the reason it's called a car.
I do know that if it's a Motor Caravan you gain the 10 MPH

On the logbook mine is Body type Van/ side windows. Taxation class Disabled. This will have to be changed as I will not qualify for the disabled class as the wheelchair lift is out of the van and a 3 seater bench will be in the back with the option of having the 2 single seats one behind the other as well.
Baz

Hi all. Does anyone know what the RFL would be if a 2016 T6 180 kombi is reclassified as motorhome. Thanks.

Apologies if this has been covered already. Just got my V5 back classified as motor caravan. N1 is still stated. Are the limits now as per car with 60 on A road and 70 for dual and motorway? Thanks in advance or if anyone can link in an accurate thread that would be great.

Back