Recaro Sportster CS seat upgrade

Donk

Now dormant
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve been pondering about fitting some Recaro CS / CS Cross Sports seats in the front. Was wondering if anyones used the sub-frames or bought kit from GSM Sportseats ?

Hi guys,

Has anyone fitted the above seat or similar Recaro in their vans? Just wondered what’s involved re subframe etc?

Many thanks

Yeah - I have them on mine but was all done at the converters so whilst it can be done, not sure what’s involved. All I can say is that they are super comfy and the kids love climbing on them to get to the roof!!

Yeah - I have them on mine but was all done at the converters so whilst it can be done, not sure what’s involved. All I can say is that they are super comfy and the kids love climbing on them to get to the roof!!

Any pics??

I have rs4 recaro wingbacks in mine very easy template fitted then sit the standard rails on. Almost looks factory fit. I did nearly get the recaro CS which look amazing but preferred the wingbacks.

Man that’s some brave kids lol

Two front seats to replace the two captains I currently have.

Mateus, I'm looking at installing the same seats in my T6 but find very little detail on how to achieve it. What svivel bases do you have? And what adjustment is available once installed? Not sure if this is something I could do myself, ao any detail you can share would be helpful. Chris

Digging this thread up again as have a different van. Still want to do these Recaros in this one but just need to sort out the frames. @Mateus , did you manage find out what frames they used.

Dammit. I know I should’ve just ordered them. It’s about 3 months waiting list now trying to get these. Issues with getting them imported from Italy apparently. Can’t be arsed to wait. Looks like it’ll be two normal captain seats instead (and a re-map sooner than planned).

Hi there guys, just bringing this thread up again as I would like to change my front driver seat due to back pain. Have you changed yours guys??? Any pics please??? Advice??? I need to sit slightly lower than the standard seats so will these do that??? And how was it with airbag censors etc??? Cheers

Hey all,

I have just got some Recaro CS seats from a golf TCR but need them to fit my t6 bases.

Anyone done the mods to make them fit?

Back