GTD seat upgrade?

T6_FunBus

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Greetings, really wanting to upgrade the driver seat for some more support.

Does anyone know if a GTD seat fits or what is required? Will the THQ adapter plates work, or is it just as easy to get two flat bars and drill?

The electrics and box underneath and horizontal rails, can they be removed to create more clearance? As I fitted my leisure battery and elecs under the driver seat.

Thanks.

Have you had a search? I can see two threads in the Similar Threads suggestion box below yours - it might be worth dropping the OP’s a message..

Hi selling my MK7 Golf GTD tartan seats and Transporter HQ conversion brackets
Only had them in my van a couple of weeks but i need to go back to 2+1 as the 2 captains aren’t working for me plus I miss my arm rests
Seats are in mint condition no rips or tears
There also heated although I did get round to getting them wired up
The drivers adaptor plate is the non swivel version and the passenger is the version that will work with the swivel plates although I don’t have the swivel plates.
The passenger seat base is a drivers base that has had the handbrake bracket cut off then powder coated
collection from Birmingham as these are way to bulky to post

Looking for £550
Jason

View attachment 199938

View attachment 199939

View attachment 199940

It's a 2016 t6 t28 trend line in candy white. It's fully carpet lined, insulated and sound deadened. Got momo revenge matt black alloys with 4 good tyres, fronts being a week old. Windows all round and on barn doors. The rear quarters are fake though. Also got the original wheels with good tyres. I'm also throwing in a front bumper splitter and barn door spoiler but they're off van ready for painting. I've also got golf gtd seats, pax swivel base and retrofit arm rests but not in van but Inc in sale. Mot until March, new timing belt about 1k miles ago, maybe less, it'll be serviced as well so fsh. Runs great with no issues at all. Body is great apart from a couple of small age related marks. Only selling as ordered a new van. I'm looking for £20k ono with no vat payable.

Hello,

Simple issue. I have a GTD seat fitted and the teeth that go through to lock it in position are too long and hit the base. Meaning that the wider part doesnt seat correctly.

What is the best route?

3 Fixes with my limited engineering brain

1) Shave down the teeth. Worried they might pop out of their runners but no idea if that would be the case
2) Holes into the base plate to allow them to travel further and seat nicely
3) Raise the seat slightly on washers, so again the teeth can travel further.

Have I missed a 4th option?

Cheers

Matt

View attachment 209428

Last edited:
Definitely go for the THQ adapter plates. I bought the steel to weld up my own, went to the van to start and gave up and bought the THQ ones.

Fit is spot on, you just have to drill a couple of holes for some through bolts which isn't a big issue.

They now also do ones that are compatible with swivel seats, however this moves the seats over and doesn't place them in the optimum position!

Very simple and easy to swap the seats out!

All out of stock :(

I’ll have a read of the other threads but saw the GTD’s have a tray underneath and loads of gubbings. The stock t6 seats have a low profile base and just clears my battery.

All out of stock :(

I’ll have a read of the other threads but saw the GTD’s have a tray underneath and loads of gubbings. The stock t6 seats have a low profile base and just clears my battery.
Have you seen Dan Chambers video on YouTube? He goes into more detail when he fits gtd seats to his T5. Defo worth checking out!

Back