Rear Wheel Adjustment

jasonreynolds

Hi I have a T6 17 plate and have had it lowered by Vw, I have had excess wear on passenger rear tyre, I've taken to local 4 wheel alignment centre to get it looked at, the guy told me that the rear can not be adjusted! is this the case? I've seen a few posts on this site and it seems that you can so I'm a little confused I have attached the readout from the garage could someone help please?

LqDKbatnSdaAoKCj7KWn0g.jpg

It's only the camber that can't be adjusted. The toe can.

The figures you have there indicate that the left rear tyre is more upright than the right hand one, in effect your wheels look like this |--\ from behind rather than this /--\ so when going around right hand corners and roundabouts the left rear tyre is riding on the outer shoulder rather than going flat which a symmetrically cambered setup would do.
As the camber is not adjustable you can't correct this. You may have a damaged arm, mount or bush on the left hand side though usually the (negative) camber increases as things wear..
If you ever get behind a FIAT punto while out and about, have a look at the rear wheel camber on those cars, they suffer from weak bushes, as they get older, the tops of the wheels point more and more towards each other.

Something wrong with the camber on the drivers side front and rear, it's not normal for them to be that different across the axle.

Could you measure each wheel arch height from the centre of the wheel? Be interesting to see how even it is?

Back