Rear view mirror reversing kit

I started with the front camera connection and worked my way backwards along the top trims and window rubbers. I cut lines in the carpet lining for the wire between trims which I closed back together with impact glue. The hardest part was getting out side and onto the tailgate discreetly. Drilling a new hole near the grommet was easy but passing the wire and its connector up the flexible exit pipe and down the inside of the tailgate was a fishing game. When I eventually connected with the camera I had only about ten inches of spare wire to tuck behind the van lining.

I purchased one of these last year on a promotion (approx £100). Seems great. Fits the existing mirror well and provides rear view all the time as well as recognising when reversing. Also acts as front and rear dash cam.

View attachment 111523
AUTO-VOX V5 Mirror Dash Cam 1080P Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear with Night Vision, Sepcial for RHD Cars, 9.35'' Full Touch Screen Rear View Mirror with
Hi,

I am loking at one of these. I would want to wire it in toa switched live so its basically a rear view mirror as I have a solid tailgate. Is this how you did it? Is it still working as I have fears it would fail sa maybe not designed to be on all the time.

Cheers

Yes, I wired it to a switched live in the fuse box on the passenger side. Used a piggy back fuse as the photo. I wired this to a 12volt socket and plugged the camera adapter into it (secured with a few wraps of tape). Grounded by a suitable bolt somewhere. It’s fine, has been working with no problems for 18 months now and I do use it as a permanent rear view mirror. I’m very happy with it!
309C496A-2527-4C6C-BD01-584D874176A9.jpeg

Hi,

I am loking at one of these. I would want to wire it in toa switched live so its basically a rear view mirror as I have a solid tailgate. Is this how you did it? Is it still working as I have fears it would fail sa maybe not designed to be on all the time.

Cheers
Hey.
Just wire up per instructions as meant to be used (i.e. wire the reverse trigger wire up to brake wire), so no need to alter the wiring from the instructions at all.
You can then select via the menu options to have the rear view display on permanently for your drive.

Hey.
Just wire up per instructions as meant to be used (i.e. wire the reverse trigger wire up to brake wire), so no need to alter the wiring from the instructions at all.
You can then select via the menu options to have the rear view display on permanently for your drive.
Thanks, yes that was my plan, not using the reverse light wiring but a rear red or numberplate light instead. Good to know there is a menu option and any timeout can be over ridden.

Thanks, yes that was my plan, not using the reverse light wiring but a rear red or numberplate light instead. Good to know there is a menu option and any timeout can be over ridden.
No need to deviate from the device’s suggested wiring. Wire the reverse detection to the reverse lamp. Software allows selection of the wire action. With permanent power the display is used as a rear view mirror, when reverse is selected the reversing lines show and the view is angled down. The device is designed to be on permanently with the addition of extra information when reversing. Mine is wired like this, comes on with ignition and changes mode (view/lines) when reverse is selected.

The reverse light wiring triggers the rear view camera to be displayed when you select reverse gear. If you don’t require this feature there is no need to wire the reverse trigger wire up to anything, this is it’s only purpose. Save yourself 30 mins work and keep your knuckles intact

Back