Rear view mirror reversing kit

AndyNichs

T6 Pro
Hi, hope everyone is doing well in these weird times?

I was thinking about getting a mirror dash cam for the van. I don't have a dash cam at the moment and like the idea of a camera behind to help parking and reversing. Does anyone recommend a good make and model? I've looked on Amazon and seen a couple (Wolfbox G840H) but thought I'd ask the question on here and get some first hand reviews.

Thanks guys...

I have a T6 Highline undergoing conversion. I would like to add a reversing/rear view camera connected to a rear view mirror/monitor. Rather than a clip on type I want to replace the oem mirror with a mirror/monitor. My head unit will not easily take the VW reversing system (without massive cost). The present mirror is auto dimming and the van has auto lights and rain sensor incorporated in the mirror bracket. Has anyone found a suitable reversing mirror that will fit in place of the oem mirror?

Hi, i am looking at fitting a reversing camera kit, the type that replaces my existing rear view mirror. Can anybody recommend a good quality kit that i can fit myself. There are lots out there, so any advice would be appreciated

Best for reversing is the passenger, works every time, cheap to install, maybe not the maintenance, great entertainment with the signs etc. :think smile bounce:

I had a reversing camera on a Motorhome, which was attached to the central mirror. Problem was that it was so much larger, that I had to bend down to see under it when turning right when driving on the continent. Sitting in the shed now, replaced with a dash screen.
Reverse cameras, are an aid, and there are blind spots, which cost a couple of hundred to rectify, as in Telegraph Pole v corner of the van. Hence where possible always get someone to double check, especially at night.

Hi, hope everyone is doing well in these weird times?

I was thinking about getting a mirror dash cam for the van. I don't have a dash cam at the moment and like the idea of a camera behind to help parking and reversing. Does anyone recommend a good make and model? I've looked on Amazon and seen a couple (Wolfbox G840H) but thought I'd ask the question on here and get some first hand reviews.

Thanks guys...
I bought the Wolfbox the other day as my old dash cam was showing it's age. Took me two days to install but that's not the dash cams fault, I'm just paranoid about hiding the wire away for neatness. All sorts of options for displaying front, back or both. Picture and build quality seems ok but I'm a bit slow to understand all it's features. All seems good so far.

It’s been great and still working! Useful for parking gives a good rearward view and aids when overtaking (getting back into lane). Good quality picture and I’m pleased with it.
Where abouts did you install the rear camera? (Don’t say at the rear ha ha)

I bought the Wolfbox the other day as my old dash cam was showing it's age. Took me two days to install but that's not the dash cams fault, I'm just paranoid about hiding the wire away for neatness. All sorts of options for displaying front, back or both. Picture and build quality seems ok but I'm a bit slow to understand all it's features. All seems good so far.
That’s good to hear. Can you please tell me where you connected into the van and how you routed the cables? I am planning a purchase and install and need all the help I can get!

That's the clip on version which plugs into the 12v socket. The pro version replaces your existing mirror and is hard wired in.
So the only concern would be the cable length of the rear camera back to the screen/mirror?

My new dash cam is the Go Pro style, stuck to the windscreen. It took me a couple of days with the trim pry tool routing the wire neatly but there was enough length to get to the middle of a SWB rear windscreen. Might be necessary to make some shortcuts on a LWB though.

Mine was short because I routed from the high brake light down the inside of the back door then through the rubber trunking then back up the rear pillar and along the NS OEM loom to the front of the van. I suppose it all depends how you route.

Back