Rear Mudflap Removal?

t6boy

Hi, Anyone know how to remove the rear mudflaps?

I have taken out the 2 screws and it has 2 plugs into the bumper. I have tried to pry them off, but they won't budge.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had genuine vw ones, I just pulled mine off with brute force as I knew they were staying off, I was sick of them catching everything and they were of no use anyway where they sat. just a pity they leave three holes in the bumper which I’ve now had repaired.

Yea that’s the ones I took the bolt out the bottom then just tugged front to back of van they came off.

I think they’re just there to line them up when they are fit, mine had a screw top and bottom on the side bit and a location stud in the middle of the two screws then a bolt at the bottom, the stud was fixed to the flap and came out with the flap

I think they’re just there to line them up when they are fit, mine had a screw top and bottom on the side bit and a location stud in the middle of the two screws then a bolt at the bottom, the stud was fixed to the flap and came out with the flap

So did you have to remove the inner guard liner to get to the screws on the upright section?

I have a bolt and a screw at the bottom.

I’m guessing you should to do it properly yes, but I knew they’d never go back on so I just pulled them off then twisted the screws that suck out from the bumper back through and they fell out onto the floor, job done :)

I had genuine vw ones, I just pulled mine off with brute force as I knew they were staying off, I was sick of them catching everything and they were of no use anyway where they sat. just a pity they leave three holes in the bumper which I’ve now had repaired.
To resurrect an old thread, can I ask how you repaired or filled the 3 holes, I've just replaced my mud flaps and of course I'm left with the same three holes which looks pretty poor.

Bit of a bodge I know, but could you fit an Edition style stripe and continue it along the rear bumper sides to cover the holes?

Bit of a bodge I know, but could you fit an Edition style stripe and continue it along the rear bumper sides to cover the holes?
Thanks, all options remain open, it's not like I've got to do it urgently to stop rust, as it's plastic.

Resurrecting this. I've bought some shorty mudflaps for my van which currently has OEM ones on. Looks like to take the OEM ones off its a bumper repair which is slightly annoying. Is this something which can be done by a body shop without removing the bumper and what sort of rough cost would I be looking at for the repair of the 3 holes either side of the rear bumper? TIA.

Resurrecting this. I've bought some shorty mudflaps for my van which currently has OEM ones on. Looks like to take the OEM ones off its a bumper repair which is slightly annoying. Is this something which can be done by a body shop without removing the bumper and what sort of rough cost would I be looking at for the repair of the 3 holes either side of the rear bumper? TIA.
I don’t think there’s many body shops that would do it without removing the bumper but I’m guessing a smart repaired would do it in situ

Back