Shorty Mudflaps

Yes, I see what you mean , I do think silicone could be an option (as well as, not instead of tappers), aesthetics + functionality both met ?

Did you mean using silicone with the shorties to try and prevent paint rub?

The other problem with the shorties mentioned earlier in this thread is that they cover the plastic arch liner bottom drain area and thus tend to trap crap behind the liner, another home for corrosion...

Take a look at the earlier posts above for a photo.

However they look nice on the T6 and removing them weekly for a clean is a 5 min job.

Stones chips on the corner area of the sill would probably be noticed during the weekly wash, and then touched up accordingly. But hidden paint rub caused by the shorties would probably manifest it's self with dreaded rust blisters appearing from within...

That's why my shorties are permanently removed from the front.
same, I've kept the rear but gone OEM style on the front.

Yeah I know what you mean about the paint work.

I'm happy with the rear mudflaps.
But first I think it's better too relieve the mudflap sharp edges with a fine toothed file or abrasive paper then fit some clear plastic vinyl protector to the bumper/mudflap contact area, (similar to the stuff that comes as standard on the leading edge of the rear arches).

After that I think you're good to go.
Yes skoti , the slight rubbing that could occur, as you commented to Ali G there - a bead of silicone would flex and act as a permanent lube/barrier - no ?

Yes skoti , the slight rubbing that could occur, as you commented to Ali G there - a bead of silicone would flex and act as a permanent lube/barrier - no ?
Aye,

a silicone botch may well have prevented the paint rub that I had on my front shorties, but the issue of crap build up behind the plastic arch liner would remain.

Please look at the photos from Perfectos earlier in this thread.

BTW
I'm perfectly happy with the rear shorties as there's no potential corrosion issues possible.

Back