Rear junction box flexi panel

No, the two tracks on the outside are straight through, the issue is the way I had it wired, the diodes were the wrong way round and were shorting the panel out.
Once I worked it out and relabelled the PCB, everything works just fine.
I've sent an email off to the supplier to see if they have worked it out and how many other people have had issues.

No, the two tracks on the outside are straight through, the issue is the way I had it wired, the diodes were the wrong way round and were shorting the panel out.
Once I worked it out and relabelled the PCB, everything works just fine.
I've sent an email off to the supplier to see if they have worked it out and how many other people have had issues.
But if you had wired it the same way as the wiring diagram on the white bx everything would work properly?

The screen printing on the PCB is wrong, when you pop the lid off the box all you can see is the Panel and Output writing, so I wired the panel leads to the panel side and the charge controller to the output side as per the diagram on the lid.. It didn't work.

look here >>>>>>>>>>>

Hold on . . .

The screen print is wrong . . . panel / output

it should be like this . . .

1602061567170.png

yep . . .

defo . . .

1602061922246.png

***********************************************************************************

its setup as 2x 50w (100w total) panels in one.

20v @3A on yellow/black
20v @3A on red/black

20v @ 6A red+yellow/black

that's why they give you the box. . . . shading etc. using bypass diode to bypass a shaded panel. (even though its all one panel)

though you could just wire the red+yellow direct into the redarc and black to ground . . . . it will give you the same power

I'm pretty sure I was getting 10V across the Yellow -/Red+ and the Black-/Yellow+

I already have a folding portable Dokio 100w solar panel which I’ve been happy with. I have not heard any bad reports about the company so decided two Dokio Flexi 100w panels at £100 each seem my best option to get 200w up on my pop top. However, I’ve been procrastinating for the last few days as I have recently discovered the rear junction box Flexi panels sold by Photonic Universe. The 200w panel is too much volts for the all in one controller I’ve chosen so the180w is a compromise. It seems to be a perfect solution to my height restrictions though and the final results are the neatest I’ve seen. Unfortunately they’ve blown my budget out the water as the 180w panel is £330 but I’ve now decided that is what I want and I’ll find the money somehow. This will be installed with the Renogy 50A DC to DC with MPPT controller. I have a Webasto diesel heater under the passenger seat providing hot water for the shower etc and keeping me cosy in the winter. The aux battery is in a compartment under the Dometic 40a compressor fridge. Does this sound viable? Has anybody installed these rear junction Flexi panels on a pop top?

Yep. No problems.

Have a look here...

Yep. No problems.

Have a look here...

Thanks. No more excuses. I've now got to get on with it. My first priority is to renew a sink waste pipe before a Scottish trip on the 13th. When I get back I'll get started on the installation. I'm grateful for all the knowledge and confidence you and others members have given me. So will make progress reports with photos about how I get round any problems. Hopefully it will help other learners like me.

Back