Solar Panel one large or 2 small

Salty Spuds , photo's look nice and well fitted

t0mb0
They certainly fail enough to crop up on the forum but it's like all these things - people are rarely incentivised to create posts on how things haven't failed. I'd love to see hard data on the actual failure rate of flexible panels, especially by type and installation style.
Funny that , we do seem to like to complain .....

I am away this weekend to Soggy / Snowy (Maybe) Braemar
Will take some pictures and post over the weekend , if I have a mobile internet single

Salty Spuds , photo's look nice and well fitted

Funny that , we do seem to like to complain .....

I am away this weekend to Soggy / Snowy (Maybe) Braemar
Will take some pictures and post over the weekend , if I have a mobile internet single
I was at Braemar last week, I love it there. I think there maybe some snow there, well Glen Shee anyway. Should be good whatever the weather. “No such thing as bad weather, just bad admin”.

Maybe I should have looked at my roof a bit more

Unless very narrow flex solar panels
Looks like it might have to be ridged

Yeah, those ridges aren't going to help with installing a flexible panel. If you're not bothered about the additional height, maybe a rigid panel might be better.

Lensun do some skinny 55w panels (350 wide) that look like they might fit but probably not enough Ws for you

If you were determined to go down the flexible route, you can use polycarbonate roofing sheet to pack up between the ridge, and bond the panel to the sheet….or you could go rigid & fit the mounting brackets around the ridge.

If you were determined to go down the flexible route, you can use polycarbonate roofing sheet to pack up between the ridge, and bond the panel to the sheet….or you could go rigid & fit the mounting brackets around the ridge.
That sounds like hard work Roofing sheet and if I got wrong , seeing these sheets / panels flying off down the road
In to someone else

Explain that to the insurance company

I think it is going to have be rigid
Which I think is beyond my diy knowledge or lack of

That sounds like hard work Roofing sheet and if I got wrong , seeing these sheets / panels flying off down the road
In to someone else

Explain that to the insurance company

I think it is going to have be rigid
Which I think is beyond my diy knowledge or lack of
There’s a thread on here somewhere with a you tube video of 4mm Twinwall being used under the panel, I’m going down this route as it helps the panel from overheating apparently, just waiting for the warmer weather before fitting mine. Search Twinwall and you should find it

After much going around in circles and talking to various companies
Have decided to go with Solar Shack

345KW it is properly a bit of a overkill

Only question is to go for the default EPEVER MPPT Solar Charge Controller 30A with Bluetooth module
Or go for the much more expensive Victron MPPT

Does anybody have a reason for not going for the EPEVER , apart from its made in China

Thoughts

Decide to go with Solar Shack 345W standard package

So far really happy and seems to be working fine.
I know the Controller Epever vs3024AU is not perfect but it seems to do the job.

Some Photo's
20230414_151322.jpg20230416_134714.jpg20230414_155356.jpg

Just a potential warning to anyone else.
I advised the Insurance company and they where happy so long as the panels where professional fitted.

I think it might have been a different story if I had fitted the panels my self .....

Just a potential warning to anyone else.
I advised the Insurance company and they where happy so long as the panels where professional fitted.

I think it might have been a different story if I had fitted the panels my self .....
Hmm, define “professional” :whistle:

Decide to go with Solar Shack 345W standard package

So far really happy and seems to be working fine.
I know the Controller Epever vs3024AU is not perfect but it seems to do the job.

Some Photo's

Looks good. It sits up a bit off the roof, have you noticed any increase in wind noise from it?

Has anyone noticed any increase in wind noise after installing the panels on their poptop? Im hoping to get this done in early '24 but have this as a slight concern.

Back