T6.1 interior lights not working when door opened

Chopsey

My interior lights have stopped working now when I unlock the van with the keyfob or open one of the doors, they do still come on when i press the button on the overhead centre console. I would appreciate any advice on what may be the cause, only had this 72 plate vane van a month & seems to be having these electrical gremlins what with the tow bar electrics & now the interior lighting,

Thanks Karl

What type of switches do you have in the front, 4 push buttons?

In my Caravelle the two centre buttons one dos interior (rear lights) on/off and the other does all interior on/off/door

In the past I've accidentally switched the on/off/door one to off and then pressed the other one by accident as I wasn't looking leading to a similar situation.

i assume you have tried pushing in the third button with the pic of an open door on it ?

yes if you press the button in the lights come on & stay on even when you leave & lock the van, when you turn the button off the lights stay off

They were working fine before coming on when you unlock with the key fob & going off when you lock with the keyfob, I have also also noticed the external lights have stopped flashing when i lock the vehicle which they did before, the external lights come on when i unlock the vehicle.
Also I have noticed the two interior low level front lights & the single rear low level side sliding door lights in the footwells are staying on when I am driving but went off before.
would really appreciate any advice as what to try next, I've looked in the menu settings but nothing changes anything there

It feels like one of the door switches is misbehaving and not detecting a door is closed. Usually though that would also trigger a warning on the dash.

Though as I've found to my cost my 6.1 will quite happily lock normally with the slider open and if it's a gentle night you can get the carpet quite soaked from rain without enough movement to trigger the alarm...

Yes funny you should say that, on the entertainment screen it gives a warning a door is open but on the dash display of the van no doors are open, how can I rectify the door switch, I think it's the drivers side
Thanks

Back