Rear Ended

MrT

T6 Guru
so today had a small van go into the back of me at about 30/40 mph it’s a 40 zone. He’s bumper and grill came off and not To much damage to mine there’s just cosmetic damage. So I thought after pulling off after the accident I heard loud squeaking noise assumed it was he’s van because it was old. However I have noticed it’s mine that’s making the noise.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of where I should look / tell the the insurance company what it might be as I don’t want just the rear bumper fixed and maybe have something serious underlying.

Thanks in advance

DAF29309-E5A4-49E6-BA18-E12380808EB5.jpeg

62362D00-C983-49E0-B3A2-632AC1D7A751.jpeg

I can’t help you with your squeak but would suggest you get it properly checked out, the rear bumper fixings are flimsy to say the least so you want all of them in good order if it’s going to stay put for the foreseeable.

Reactions: MrT
Similar scenario happened to me a few vans ago, the van didn't look bad, scratched bumper, dented door etc, on inspection though the chassis rails were bent and it needed a new floor too, it was around 10 grands worth of damage and the van was very close to a right off. Get it inspected properly.

Have a good look at the brackets that hold the parking sensors to the bumper as they only stick on . If they come loose they need new ones.

Thanks guys for the info. Iv got an assessor coming to my house to inspect the damage. Hopefully get it sorted ASAP.

As it’s a year old should I insist on using VW only ?

Thanks guys for the info. Iv got an assessor coming to my house to inspect the damage. Hopefully get it sorted ASAP.

As it’s a year old should I insist on using VW only ?
Have a look at @Dellmassive’s thread for his vans repairs. He’s Essex based too, and used a regional firm.

EDIT:
here it is A Sad Day - #gutted -

I had my bumper damaged so used the other cars insurance body shop. Then two months later the parking sensors came off . Took it to vw dealer and they had to replace sensor,brackets and loom, luckily I got the other insurance company to pay for it . Dealer said if I had gone back with sensor faults it wouldn’t of been covered as not done by approved body shop. I will only use a approved body shop now when it is still under warranty.

I had my bumper damaged so used the other cars insurance body shop. Then two months later the parking sensors came off . Took it to vw dealer and they had to replace sensor,brackets and loom, luckily I got the other insurance company to pay for it . Dealer said if I had gone back with sensor faults it wouldn’t of been covered as not done by approved body shop. I will only use a approved body shop now when it is still under warranty.
Thanks for that. Thankfully for the inspector coming tomorrow to my house and will talk everything through with him. Doubt that he’ll probably care much but don’t want further issues down the line

Back