Rear Bumper Protector recommendations

I had this when I fitted one to my old t5. Someone had had the bumper off & when it was put back on it was sat above the locating lugs. Looked absolutely fine & straight, just a few mm higher than it should be. Took it off & and realigned it, job done

Mates got one on his t5 and it rubs in his tailgate when closing opening... anyone else had this problem? Fancy getting the carbon one for my black highline... presume the one he got was just to thick ( a mate who owns a surf shop got hold of his for him)

Just to reignite this thread. I got a cracked bumper after an idiot bumped me. Insurance company body shop removed the bumper and repainted it. They forgot to refit my carbon bumper protector. After a few weeks I went back and they stuck it on with tape. The service manager commented that there wasn't much room between the tail gate and bumper. Another few weeks pass and I notice that the protector is lifting and catching the door. Further inspection and it was cracked. No surprise that when I phoned the body shop they didn't want to know. Since they used tape I started to peel it off. They had used a sealant in blobs where it had lifted and it had lifted the paint. Bumper now needs a new protector to cover the damage or repainted. I'm thinking carbon as that's what was on it. My concern is the lack of clearance. Is the bumper able to be loosened and dropped a couple of mm? I've tried twice on vanstyle site but it won't let me use sagepay and despite them accepting PayPal there is no option to use it. I'm going to phone on Monday.

Do the VW ones just go straight on or does the bumper have to be lowered to give clearance for the tailgate ? My dealer is fitting one for me when my new van arrives.

I know my mates 17 reg he's had from new didn't look great, I'm sure it was rubbing on his one (different vw dealer)

I got the world of carbon one and I'm really happy with it. Easy to fit, nice tight fit. Tailgate doesn't touch it either.

Whatever you choose make sure it’s a keeper because they certainly don’t come off easily.

Back