Rear Bumper Protector recommendations

Connor

VIP Member
There seems to be quite a variety of these. Are any of better quality than others?

My genuine VW black plastic seems ok. Needed a couple of attempts to get a snug fit with no gaps. Think dealer must have sneezed when fitting it the first time. Easy to "cheese-wire" off with some strong fishing line and refit with 3M high bond tape :thumbsup:

I've got a black VW one, noticed also there is a VW transparent one, so semi-invisible. I think it depends a bit on your body/bumper colour; whether or not the black contrast is desirable?

Im not 100% on the VW one, if i was going around again think i would try an aftermarket jobby
It looks reasonably ok but found when fitting it doesnt quite match the curvature of the bumper and had to keep one side pressed in while fitting, bit of a PITA and it seems to mark relatively easily, i have a few light coloured bits where kids have bumped a bike into while loading/unloading and where the plastic has stressed it has gone light black/grey in patches

I have just received vanstyles brushed aluminum one. Looks like great quality. Can't test fitment yet because no van yet.

I went for this because the Van is silver so it will blend in betters. I work out the back of the tailgate stepping in and out whilst I repair cars and paint in close proximity.
From experience in my other vans these protectors get battered with my feet coming in and out and paint spillage. Brushed ally is easy to clean and protect. Win win for me.

I've got a black VW one, noticed also there is a VW transparent one, so semi-invisible. I think it depends a bit on your body/bumper colour; whether or not the black contrast is desirable?
I've recently fitted the clear one from VW, was expecting a bit more for the £40 it cost... Fitting is easy if you take your time to work out the creases and bubbles and you can barely notice it when is on, especially on Indium grey metallic.

I do like the carbon one though!

I have the clear vw one as well on starlight blue, going by the marks on the protector I'm glad I fitted it.
would probably a right mess now,

I was just going to get my rear bumper clear wrapped, really don't want anything on mine if i can help it.

I have the clear vw one as well on starlight blue, going by the marks on the protector I'm glad I fitted it.
would probably a right mess now,
I'm running a Starlight blue van too, didn't know you could get clear ones, but think im going to get the carbon one above .

Clear vinyl wrap for me, seems to do the job and is almost invisible...

Back