Rear Bumper Protector recommendations

I've got the VW one. Don't seem to have the fading problem. I've coated mine half a dozen times in the last 18 months with Autoglym Bumper Gel (the green stuff) and it's seems to be preserving it ok.

I make them from specific vinyl, not had an issue yet, but will keep an eye.. Could this be VW cost cutting? As vinyl cutters won't normally knowingly, use materials that don't last that long, as its their reputation...

I might mention it as it looks shoddy.
My last one faded but nowhere near as badly as this.
Cheap, non UV resistant plastic...

I've got the VW one. Don't seem to have the fading problem. I've coated mine half a dozen times in the last 18 months with Autoglym Bumper Gel (the green stuff) and it's seems to be preserving it ok.
I use the same stuff, but its still fading.

It would seem that the VW one should be avoided... I'm after a Black/Grey one for Indium Grey Van and not keen on the Stainless one. Has anyone used the RGM Bumper Protector ?

upload_2017-6-23_12-4-10.png

Has anyone taken the VW one off their van to replace it with a aftermarket one? Just wondering how easy it is!

Its a pain in the arse @steveo1986 , I had an issue fitting mine so it went on all to cock. It took an hour with two people and a hot air gun at my friends body shop to remove, wilkos do a pack of decent plastic scrapers that are pretty robust, you will need these to help lift it off. :mad:

So I eventually got mine off @superflyguy it took a lot of patience and time! Horrible job to do, the old VW part ended up coming off in lots of bits, such a sh*t part considering it came from VW!
Anyway I now have the new one on from World of Carbon and its much much better!

Picked the new van used Thursday with VW black bumper protector on first time dogs jumped in the back it has scratches on it....on my T5 I had a carbon fibre one and after four years heavy use it looked as good as the day it went on...will be making the switch for sure. Apart from that the T6 is AMAZING can't believe the difference as the T5 was a pretty nice bit of kit

So I eventually got mine off @superflyguy it took a lot of patience and time! Horrible job to do, the old VW part ended up coming off in lots of bits, such a sh*t part considering it came from VW!
Anyway I now have the new one on from World of Carbon and its much much better!
I did look at the world of carbon ones before I purchased the one from vw , Ill wait until mine starts getting grubby and replace it then.

I think I might be missing the point of a bumper protector. The main issue for me is how easy they are to remove. If they are difficult to remove, or you damage the bumper whilst doing so, what is the point of a scratched bumper protector instead of a scratched bumper? However, if it is a doddle to replace a poor condition bumper protector then hey ho, remove it and fit a new one. So, come on guys, how easy are they to remove without damaging the bumper?

Back