Rear Bumper Protector recommendations

I think I might be missing the point of a bumper protector. The main issue for me is how easy they are to remove. If they are difficult to remove, or you damage the bumper whilst doing so, what is the point of a scratched bumper protector instead of a scratched bumper? However, if it is a doddle to replace a poor condition bumper protector then hey ho, remove it and fit a new one. So, come on guys, how easy are they to remove without damaging the bumper?
Fishing line to cut through the double sided tape and a heat gun to warm the residue to remove easily . Well that's how i've removed them in the past

Morning, some ideas required as to how to mount my protector. I've got the aluminium one from van styles that the instructions say to drill into the bumper etc.

I really don't want to do this and would prefer to use a method of sticking it down, either a tape or sealant type material.

Does anyone know of some suitable items to do this?

Many thanks.

3m double sided tape, or something like sikaflex would do the job.

My VW one with protective spray is faring far better.
If you have one get it sealed, don't use any harsh cleaning products.

Mates got one on his t5 and it rubs in his tailgate when closing opening... anyone else had this problem? Fancy getting the carbon one for my black highline... presume the one he got was just to thick ( a mate who owns a surf shop got hold of his for him)

I bought a splitter boxing day off them, didn't work on my iPhone or iPad, but the website worked on the mac. they must be having troubles... But it arrived yesterday so dead happy with the speed they got it to me in !!! specially this time of year

it might have something to do with this - VW Carbon

that works, and thats what i use to get redirected too when going on worldofcarbon

My woc has distorted and lifted a cm or so at either end - it was cleaned properly for the mounting tape but both ends let go during that searing hot spell in summer - cant see if its come unstuck or if the tape has split. When I get a mo I need to remove it and refit. The centre portion is still fixed fast, so its not about to fall off.

@CALLAKN Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Need some bling parts for the T6 we pick up on Friday. It's a high line so no spoiler and also needs bumper protection.

Cheers

Mates got one on his t5 and it rubs in his tailgate when closing opening... anyone else had this problem? Fancy getting the carbon one for my black highline... presume the one he got was just to thick ( a mate who owns a surf shop got hold of his for him)
I bought the Stainless Steel with inserts and it too rubbed my doors.

Back