Rear bumper adjustment

sparkywig

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all.
Is there any adjustment on the rear bumper height? Mine seems to be rubbing the bottom of the tailgate for some reason.

Mine does this on the barn doors must get round to taking it off mine had a towbar fitted not long before I bought it

Mine had a towbar when I bought it which I had removed
The previous owner had removed the bumper support section, which caused the bumper to sag in the middle
If the support has been messed with it could possibly have the opposite effect and catch the bottom of the door/tailgate?

Yeah will have a look at some point cross one thing off the list and add two

After fitting a tow bar, my bumper was a bit higher meaning that the checker plate ridges on my bumper protector were starting to rub on the bottom of my tailgate. So I had to file them flat beneath the tailgate.

There are a series of locating tabs and slots securing the bumper under the tailgate. They are not the easiest to get in place correctly, if the bumper has ever been removed it may not have been refitted correctly.

Yes, about a year ago.
The rubbing issue has only recently started.
Did the fitter put in a bumper support strip? Is the bumper clipped back in properly? (Rear lights need to come off to work on it. Just remember to slide them away from the van sideways to remove them, after the retaining screws are out, or the lugs on them will break - that’s new light unit territory!)

If the van has ever been rear ended check that the steel reinforcing bar under the bumper is not bent, it is very close to the plastic bumper.

Back