Rear Barn Door Unlocking Issue

The issue I have with the barn doors not unlocking is cured by pushing the handle forwards before you pull it back to open. I've tried to Lub various points but its not working as it should. Its under warranty so will have to chase it up.
I can appreciate this is an oldish thread, but having recently purchased a T6 and i have have a little input that may help. I also own a ‘09 caddy this had the same issue so when this presented itself during the purchase of my latest aquiestion i used it to my advantage. Previous fix on my Caddy required a slight adjustment on the rod from the handle to the locking modual. I can now get 99% positive results with a little jiggle of the handle when it isnt playing ball. I can only assume that some units wear quicker than others or it may just be adjustment. Either way its an inherent fault with the the parts that im sure VW wont admit to. Hope this helps.

Reactions: CAB
required a slight adjustment on the rod from the handle to the locking modual.
@Jenk0 I can see that the locking rod has a screw adjustment on it, but can’t work out how to turn it without dismantling everything. So I’m sure I’m missing something somewhere. Can you advise how it adjusts?

There are 3 torx screws hold the module to the backing plate. Remove these and pop of the rod to the handle the bottom lock and the barrel. The module will pull down just enough for the rod to pull out. Turn it a few times then refit and test. It may take a few attempts to get it right. My lock works nearly every time time.

@Jenk0 all sorted thanks to your specific details. So far the handle hasn’t failed to open the van door.

I shortened the bar by two turns, which seems to be right. Firstly though I thought I would have to lengthen the bar but this was hopeless and obviously wrong, so I wound it in to shorten it by those two turns and it now works fine.

Back