Rattling Sound - Not Sure Where From

Matthew Reeves

Hi. Van under warranty - T6 shuttle - but they can’t seem to fix an annoying rattling sound. Seems to be coming from driver’s side sliding door. Could be somewhere else but seems to be door. Any help please, as really getting fed up of hearing it.

Put your armrest down and take a drive. These cause an annoying rattle when upright that is often mistaken for other things.

Put your armrest down and take a drive. These cause an annoying rattle when upright that is often mistaken for other things.
Hi. Thanks for that. I sat in the back rather than driving and from there, it seems to be coming from the back of the van. I’ve seen lots of postings about sounds from the tailgate and this seems to be the same. Van in on Tuesday with the VW centre in Manchester do let’s see what they say. However, views and experience of people here valued as I’ve found more sensible answers here than dealing with VW after sales centres.

Just need to grease the rubber guides on sides of tailgate about a 1/3 way up ;)

It’ll be the loose change left over from the 40K...ish purchase price.

Hi all, first post,

After owning my T6 from new, after 8 months it has now developed the most annoying rattle/noise known to man .
I’ve searched the forums on rattle etc and gone down every step that members have mentioned, e.g sprayed all rubber with silicone spray, tightened nuts/bolts under the seats etc, tinkered with the seat belt area but not in depth etc etc.

I’m convinced it’s coming from the passenger seatbelt area, b pillar, someone somewhere must have had the same issue and have the answer.

This is my last resort and then I’ll need a trip to the stealer..

It’s defo not the armrest like a lot have had trouble with.

Thanks

Have you taken it for a drive with someone else in the van ? We had an annoying rattle, which I was sure came from the back, but the passenger said it came from somewhere completely different, and they were right.

Pete

Hello, and welcome to the forum?

I think @Oldrat had this issue - click on the ‘rattle’ tag at the bottom of this path to see other like threads.

Keep us posted.

I’ve had my wife drive and myself sit in the front passenger side and I’ve also sat in the rear with and without the sliding door open.. I’m convinced its in that b pillar housing. Only happens at speed over uneven roads..so annoying

Thanks,,,I’ve sent Oldrat and Jeezer a private message as it seems they had the same issue, hopefully I’ll hear something soon..

Sorry I should’ve have posted an update..

It BLOOMIN was the drivers O/S armrest.
It threw me because the rattle was so close to my R ear that it must (doh!) have been the pillar but it was intermittent. I’d taken the whole pillar apart only to find that it only rattled when the armrest was upright.

VW replaced the armrest under warranty with no qualms at all all sorted now

We’re driving home and had the same rattle that was driving us mad. It definitely sounded like it was coming from the top of the b pillar. My wife was driving and had the armrests up so I said to put the o/s armrest down. I was certain it would make no difference, I was wrong. The rattle has stopped! . Confused but happy.

Back