Annoying rattle from ceiling cubby-hole area

The Happy Snail

Hi, can anyone help, I’ve got an annoying rattle/noise which seems to be coming from or around my light switch area. Sounds like something is hitting plastic any ideas? Thanks

Being a T5/6 owner you will become well versed in taking bits off your van to find annoying noises. You dont state which light it is but if you are a bit more specific, use the search bar up top and hopefully someone else will have had the same or check Youtube for helpful instructional videos on how to pop out the light to check the cables behind.

the problem with rattles they always appear to be coming from an area that isn't causing the problem and the driver and passenger hear it from different places!
I had one that was driving me mad and could've sworn it was the dashboard area. Turns out it was something in that little cubby hole near the interior lights at the top of the windscreen!

Thanks all, will keep trying to find. It seems to be around where the light switch is however like Nige_g says it may not be. Not there all the time, just when it is!!! I had a tracker fitted, maybe it’s something to do with that… I’m guessing

the problem with rattles they always appear to be coming from an area that isn't causing the problem and the driver and passenger hear it from different places!
I had one that was driving me mad and could've sworn it was the dashboard area. Turns out it was something in that little cubby hole near the interior lights at the top of the windscreen!
I had exactly this. Was convinced something had fallen down between the dash and the windscreen. It turned out to be a loose retaining screw behind the lens in the overhead light.

@JOG. Typo sorted (but I have heard that you're 'brace' as well).
No, no! That’s just the position I usually assume. Don’t believe everything you read about me on the back of the toilet door!!!

Back