Radar Sensor

OurSam

Do I need to get the radar sensor in the front grill (T6 Highline) recalibrated by VW after removal or does it simply plug back in?

I need to replace the grill mount and cover after hitting a pheasant!

As long as none of the adjustment screws have been moved it will be fine.

Depends on how close to its original angle, as it has an error counter, so put it back and see if it works, then try your ACC. If you get a message saying not available then it will need to be recalibrated.

Depends on how close to its original angle, as it has an error counter, so put it back and see if it works, then try your ACC. If you get a message saying not available then it will need to be recalibrated.
Thank you, I’ll give it a go.

@OurSam. I see you're in Cheltenham which is just a bit further up the M5 from me. The front of my T6 was recently rebuilt following an incident and part of the bill was for recalibration of the radar which I'm told by the bodyshop (who I trust!) was a necessary part of the repair work. They used a guy who came to them to do the job and if you want his details, I can ask. I've no idea whether he was VW or an independent but, if the latter, he's probably a bit cheaper than a 'proper' VW technician and given our close(ish) proximity to each other, you might well be in his catchment area. Insurance picked up the bill so I've no idea how much it was but I think it was in the £100s rather than £10s.

@OurSam. I see you're in Cheltenham which is just a bit further up the M5 from me. The front of my T6 was recently rebuilt following an incident and part of the bill was for recalibration of the radar which I'm told by the bodyshop (who I trust!) was a necessary part of the repair work. They used a guy who came to them to do the job and if you want his details, I can ask. I've no idea whether he was VW or an independent but, if the latter, he's probably a bit cheaper than a 'proper' VW technician and given our close(ish) proximity to each other, you might well be in his catchment area. Insurance picked up the bill so I've no idea how much it was but I think it was in the £100s rather than £10s.
If you could ask and share his details that would be great. I’d much rather go independent rather than main dealer. Cheers

@OurSam. I'll ask on Monday and PM you. As I said, I don't know whether he/she was VW or independent but we will find out.

Back