RAC experience

Iv'e previously used green flag and more recently the AA through my bank account, both without issue.

Not sure, but I don't think any of the breakdown companies cover for getting stuck in mud.
Green Flag do...
It was not the fact that RAC dont cover it was the way they did it...demanding cash there and then or threatening to leave me there if I didnt hand over the money....luckily I was able to borrow the money from a kind stranger.

What have RAC done wrong? You went off roading, got stuck in the mud and expected your breakdown company to pull you out. They said no as you didn't have a mechanical breakdown but could help you for a fee. It's a shame they didn't mention it on the phone when you rang them but not exactly a scam

What have they done wrong? read it again - they were willing to just drive away unless I came up with the cash? what if this was your wife/girlfreind/daughter etc... and then read this from above

A friend of my wife was driving her and her 14 year old son home from a sailing event at Rutland Water to Gloucestershire when she broke down a couple of miles into her journey. She was an RAC member. They came out and towed her to a Services, where they left her and her son. As they could not fix the vehicle and needed a different tow/ flatbed to complete the journey due to the distance. Despite her husband keep phoning RAC from home (looking after the other kids - no other vehicle) trying to find out what was happening, RAC kept fobbing him off. They arrived home 23 hours after having broken down, having been left at the Services all night, no where to sleep, freezing cold January night (I think it was about -4) and the Services wasn’t 24 hour so basically stuck in the van unable to turn the engine on to keep warm from the heater.
A woman and a 14 year old child. Thought that made the priority category?

Sounds like you just needed man up and get yourself out

no idea what you are referring to, but it was because I ‘manned up’ and ‘got myself out’ that i got stuck in mud...... what a strange thing to say? unless of course you foolishly work for the RAC.

Back