Ququq - Kitchen And Bed Solution For Occasional Campers?

Davenjo

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just reading the latest version of the Camping and Caravanning Magazine and there is is review of QUQUQ (Cuckoo). I had not come across these before and the only reference I can find on the forum is a mention from @ausyray last April - seems he used one in a Tourneo before upgrading to a T6?

Anyway, it looks like it could be a good all-in-one kitchen and bed solution for anyone wanting a camping solution in a T6 without going down the full conversion route.

BusBox – Q U Q U Q

I still use the ququq in he back of my T6 tbh. It’s located at the back. I just unscrewed the bed bit and build a permanent bed over the top. It’s a really nice piece of kit far better suited for people who might not want a permanent fixture (like me with the tourneo). It’s been good in the transporter too but I feel like there are more elegant solutions for what I want (permanent camper).

It’s a great solution though. If you want any pictures or videos of bits let me know. Mine must be about 4 years old now and has had plenty of use.

I still use the ququq in he back of my T6 tbh. It’s located at the back. I just unscrewed the bed bit and build a permanent bed over the top. It’s a really nice piece of kit far better suited for people who might not want a permanent fixture (like me with the tourneo). It’s been good in the transporter too but I feel like there are more elegant solutions for what I want (permanent camper).

It’s a great solution though. If you want any pictures or videos of bits let me know. Mine must be about 4 years old now and has had plenty of use.
It would be great if you could put some photos up to help anyone searching for similar - thanks!!

What a great concept that looks like it can be put in a van and taken out, giving the use of a camper for the weekends and back to work van for the week, but my goodness these things are not cheap for what they actually are, or am I missing something?

I didn’t think the price was that bad for an out of the box complete kitchen (of sorts) and bed solution when you compare to what we pay for the vans and conversions.

What a great concept that looks like it can be put in a van and taken out, giving the use of a camper for the weekends and back to work van for the week, but my goodness these things are not cheap for what they actually are, or am I missing something?

My first thoughts when it arrived were that it was/is incredibly well built and very high quality.
My second thoughts were: if I had time and carpentry skills this could definitely have been built for much less Han I paid for it. However, I’m happy with the purchase and how easy it was to get it inside the vans.

Mine is a little deceptive now because I just have a permanent sleeping space over the top of it but the unmolested version has a clever fold up bed which means you can have full use of the van.

The video on the ququq website shows it being lifted in and out quite easily but don’t be fooled, the box is quite heavy even when empty you will want a hand if you decide to move it anywhere. Which brings me on to my biggest gripe...with the mattresses on, it’s too big to get through my front door. So, even if I wanted to take it out of the van or he tourneo previously I couldn’t without taking it to someone who had a garage that would let me store it there for a while.

Overall I am still very pleased with the purchase. It was excellent for providing a convenient and comfortable sleeping area and cooking area (it comes with equipment as well which is a nice bonus) without modifying any of my vehicles at all.
The mattress was very comfortable (3 or 4 inch thick foam) my dog now has it as her bed, she too is very grateful.

Back