Q - Can a MFSW be fitted to a Trendline T6?

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Leigh, 21 Jan 2017.

1. Leigh

Leigh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Just wondering whether a Multi Function Steering Wheel can be made to work with a Startline T6?

Our High Top Camper Conversion has a standard platic wheel & I'm mising the steering wheel controls.

Thanks for any help....

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    It can be done but not sure exactly what is required, i think it depends on what dash version you have as to how much alteration needs to be done to accommodate MFSW controls wiring

3. Absolut5

Absolut5 Senior Member Trade Member T6 Guru

Map
    Yes it can be done, same as a T5

We can supply and install, As we are a Vagnostic Agent

4. Leigh

Leigh Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Cheers guys.......

Nothing to lose really, should be picking up the Kombi tomorrow so I'll order a Golf MK7 wheel & fit that to it.
    I'll then 'have a go' at fitting the Highline Wheel to our Camper Conversion.

5. Thehawks

Thehawks Member

Map
    Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread but I’m looking to source and fit a highline steering wheel to a trendline.
    Just wondered how you got on. I take it I need an older style steering wheel without the cruise buttons as that’s on the stalk. Is there anything other than a genuine T6 wheel that would do the job?
    Cheers

6. Absolut5

Absolut5 Senior Member Trade Member T6 Guru

Map
    Is it a euro 5 or 6?

7. gal2009

gal2009 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Dont quote me but i was told golf mk5 flat bottom would work. If i remember correctly though, there was an issue with lighting the controls at night.

8. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Golf has white buttons and transporter has red maybe

9. gal2009

gal2009 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I was told the issue was that they couldn't get the buttons to illuminate when the head lights were switched on, but to be honest i would have thought that, that was one of the easier parts of the process. Going from a mfsw to an upgraded mfsw i can see this should be an easyish process. But from a standard steering wheel to a multi function? Nah...... way past my pay grade.

10. Thehawks

Thehawks Member

Map
    It’s a Euro 6. Sorry I should haven mentioned that in my first post.

11. scotia

scotia Member T6 Pro

Hi @Absolut5 I'd be very interested in this...but im not local..(switzerland..!). We have a euro 6, with cruise control on stalks. its manual, not DSG.

As far as i understand, we'd need a retro-fit loom for the mfsw, and the wheel itself. This would then 'talk' to the pioneer radio we bought from you last year correct? i had specified a loom for mfsw as i had thought in the future to change this..!

would i need vcds for this? if so, so which version - the 200 usd?

could you let me know either pm or email? thanks in advance!

Last edited: 14 Sep 2018