Puddle Lights

Diesel9a1

T6 Pro
Anybody fitted puddle lights (Mount under the door and come on when door opened) to their van?
How did you mount and where did you connect to?

Saw some battery operated VW logo puddle light on Amazon, £9, operated by a magnet on the sill. Not really a stealth install but cheap and easy. Fitted proper ones on the T5, looked nice.

Have come here to post the same question!! The gen6 doesn't have any puddle lights already, so don't know if we'd need to start drilling or if there's some pressed metal that easily pops out!

Won't the magnet ones just get knocked around until they fall off?

The new side bars have them fitted if you want to go that route ?
Fitted them to mine and are a great piece of kit

Connected mine to the sliding door step lights :thumbsup:

Forum shop has them or speak to @Pauly

Thinking drill into the bottom of the door, feed wires through and scotch lock them onto existing courtesy light circuit.

That's what I did on the T5 @Diesel9a1 , with VW logo illumination. I'm a bit scared to touch the existing wiring in a T6, fearful of Canbus errors.

Decided I'd play in the puddles, but I don't do things by half measure.. So landed up with some river lights...... :rofl:

They come on and off with the door lights, idea is to warn and illuminate, next are the upper step lights to light the step.. :whistle:

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them.....

image.jpeg

Ace Dave, makes me want Pink ones ha

This site is literally so bad for the wallet.

Seem to remember them all being the rage around the time that the original 'fast and furious' came out. All de yoofs down de Cruze in Tesco car park on Satday nite all ad em, innit!

Well as VW don't see fit to put any kind of warning light on the back of the offside slider, or the near side, so giving no notice to motorists approaching from behind that a kid or adult etc might emerge from the back of the vehicle, or that the rear door is open.. I decided that the LED red glow would be beneficial.. It's like the steps, there for a reason, are fully functional and not just as a styling exercise, as they go on and off with the door step lights..

20190905_075912.jpg Hey everyone I have recently install puddle lights with logo underneath the door card. Its quite a challenge. I bought the light from eBay cost me £7, the the wiring loom cost me £10.
For all who would like to take up this challenge. To get the feed for the puddle lights. I get it from the side step lights. You need to mark out and cut where the light going to be position underneath your door card. I post some pictures for guidance.

20190905_080931.jpg

20190905_080911.jpg

Last edited:
Back