Puddle Lights

View attachment 50131 Hey everyone I have recently install puddle lights with logo underneath the door card. Its quite a challenge. I bought the light from eBay cost me £7, the the wiring loom cost me £10.
For all who would like to take up this challenge. To get the feed for the puddle lights. I get it from the side step lights. You need to mark out and cut where the light going to be position underneath your door card. I post some pictures for guidance.

View attachment 50133

View attachment 50134

hi there, by any chance do you have a link to the puddle lights that you have fitted? Many thanks

cheers, I saw them but also saw the eBay ones that look the same but with a different price tag!!! Surely that red and black wire is not that expensive!!!!

I thought the same and went for the ebay ones, should look good when my black caravelle door cards arrive this week

cheers, I saw them but also saw the eBay ones that look the same but with a different price tag!!! Surely that red and black wire is not that expensive!!!!
I bought mind on Ebay and the wiring loom, I couldn't find the link. Couple of my friends who bought theirs from vanstyle, their logos is a better quality what I buy from Ebay.

Cheeky little advert ;)

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to source a great set of projector lights that complement the T6 as a top quality vehicle...there are many of these projector bulbs out there, but I think I have the best quality ones now...in fact they are as good as, a well known brand that sell them for £80.

They work as the passenger or drivers door opens and project the blue/ white VW logo onto the floor.

I'm after £35 for a kit, which includes lamps, loom, all electrical fittings, cable ties and postage (they are brand new)...it takes 30 mins/ door to fit if your good with a Dremel or drill (to cut out the lamp fitment holes). I will send instructions as to what to do....I wont say really easy, this time, but a very rewarding finish to an install :)

Matt

View attachment 58142

View attachment 58143

Can anyone recommend a decent set of LEDs to use as puddle-lights? I’m on my second set and both are now starting to flicker/flash. I’ve gone for the circular bullet type, but will consider whatever you guys can recommend to be reliable. Cheers.

(Ignore the fact is says they’re yellow, I just want to show the shape and type that I’ve used so far)

I had these but white on my Passat and they have failed very quickly. Rubbish!

On the other hand I have used these
and I have very positive experience with them.
If you don't like VW logo projection you can easily dismantle them and "VW logo" can be removed.

I'm currently using these in the mirrors: 2pcs Car 6000K White LED Side Mirror Puddle Lights For Ford Mustang Mondeo MK5 | eBay

See pics for effect:
The dark side:
View attachment 92862
The light side: (mirror puddle and door puddle lighting)
View attachment 92864
Will be great for setting up camp, especially with the wing mirrors folded up

Only been on for a couple of weeks, but at the price point, I could replace them really easily if they fail.

On the door cards I'm using some reeeally cheap lights. Not as elegant a solution as others, but you don't actually see them (see pictures on my thread above). They came from here: 2Pack Car Motorcycle Rear Tail Brake Stop Light Lamp LED ABS Round Reflector | eBay

At £2 each, I won't lose any sleep if they fail. Easy swap if I have to.

5D295139-1CC4-4B3A-879D-66E7FC0E63F5.jpeg
I fitted the Vanstyle set today. Thanks to this thread for info on 0V wires being different on each door - black / brown on left door and black on right.
3300F02E-CAD7-4103-B59F-D5AB78FA327A.jpeg

Last edited:
Done mine this week, but made them myself out of 24v rgbic led chaser strips, fitted into led c channel lengths which were fitted under van first on both sides to house the strips (managed to get 2m either side). Either have them on permanent (as they are app controlled with 228 combinations incl sound activated) or simple switch to switch over to timer control, so they come on when door unlocked and go off when locked (or when key turned in ign) bit of a fiddle but got there in the end, cant upload video on here but a sample pics attached.

1.png

2.png

3.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h40m19s003.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h40m36s383.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h40m47s137.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h40m56s808.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h41m04s989.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h41m13s098.png

vlcsnap-2022-07-06-00h41m18s968.png

Hi there. I've just purchased a set of these but no wirering diagram. Anybody got one please.

View attachment 101666
I fitted the Vanstyle set today. Thanks to this thread for info on 0V wires being different on each door - black / brown on left door and black on right.
View attachment 101669
Hi Keefff. I've just purchased a set of these for my T6.1 you don't happen to have a wirering diagram? Cheers

Back