Propex HS2000 heater location

Mine goes into fault weekly. Not hard to reset but a bit annoying. And it's really noisy. No way I could sleep with it on (without earplugs). Its so cheap to run tho. Lpg just seems to cost nothing as it lasts so long.
How do you reset yours? I end up flicking the knobs back and forth for ages and cycling the gas on and off, then eventually it will reset.
The sound of mine doesn’t tend to bother me.

The instruction manual for mine says:

Gas lockouts must be cleared by first moving the temperature knob to MAX. Then on the control knob go from gas on (flame) position to off position then back to the on position. The complete sequence of switch movements must be completed within 2.5 seconds for a lockout to be successfully cleared.

Pete

Don’t forget to make sure they install an in-line switch on the live feed between the fuse and the heater. I fed this back to them after testing why mine kept going into fault. Ultimately it’s because the heater does not like the voltages kicked out by the intelligent alternator on the T6. I asked them to make a note in their installation paperwork when putting these in T6’s, who knows if they took any notice.
I'll mention this to them and see what they say.

Mine goes into fault weekly. Not hard to reset but a bit annoying. And it's really noisy. No way I could sleep with it on (without earplugs). Its so cheap to run tho. Lpg just seems to cost nothing as it lasts so long.
Do you know for sure what is causing this?

Gas lockouts must be cleared by first moving the temperature knob to MAX. Then on the control knob go from gas on (flame) position to off position then back to the on position. The complete sequence of switch movements must be completed within 2.5 seconds for a lockout to be successfully cleared.

Pete
I'll make surer I'm given a runthrough of the system and any likley fault resettings when mine's installed.

Pete
Yes. I’ve seen that on their site, but have found that a “gas lockout” fault clearance does not clear the fault caused by battery voltage spike.
Have not had a single fault since installing the isolator switch, which is akin to taking the fuse out.

Mine is internal - it’s the only way you can install the model I have.

Pete

Mine is internal - it’s the only way you can install the model I have.

Pete
Cheers, Pete. I’m keen on the Propex and hope that an external install would cut down the noise level.

I phoned Propex Leisure and asked the same questions. It cannot be fitted internally, it is an external unit. It is mounted above all of the protective panelling that is on the underside of the van, under the drivers seat.
I asked them if they could make the supply and return function within the OEM parts of a Cali/ Velle i.e b-post and door step, but they claimed they couldn’t due to heat build up. I have now got an exploded diagram of these parts that I intend to challenge them on to explain, but am so busy with work I haven’t had the chance.

Davey B Can you post pictures of the OEM locations please? And where you have fit your vents? Thanks

If you purchase the 'quiet' ducting it reduces the noise from the airflow. Mine is mounted under the van and is very quiet.

Back