Price of diesel in your area?

Half of them were probably just surprised the traffic was moving at all on a Monday morning! Talk about a low impact protest, a go slow at rush hour :D

I struggle to see what they think they are going to achieve by p1ssing off tens of thousands of innocent motorists trying to go about their daily lives.
really?! that's the whole point of a protest though. hardly worth doing if no one notices.

also, i'd argue that the government of the day would do feck all until it became a nuisance.
- see the 60p a litre rise in fuel prices in 6 months.

We are holidaying near the Belgian border south of Eindhoven. Diesel here is €2.13 on the motorways and €2.04 in towns.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Our local gas station was down to 184.9p went I went past this morning. IIRC it was 189.5 for 'normal' diesel last Sunday.

Our local gas station was down to 184.9p went I went past this morning. IIRC it was 189.5 for 'normal' diesel last Sunday.
That`s great, but its not what I am seeing. This week i`ve generally seen £199.9
We did £800 last week on fuel so every penny counts

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I struggle to see what they think they are going to achieve by p1ssing off tens of thousands of innocent motorists trying to go about their daily lives.
Those angry people will complain, get it in the news, on social media and maybe even a few will write strongly worded letters to their MP. This is why protests need to upset people… otherwise nothing happens.
MPs want re-electing so might start a discussion on how their party looks at tax revenues for road use or, more importantly, if the competition watchdogs can look at big oils massive profits vs low tax.
Something needs to change but it isn’t going to if people merrily ignore it.

One has dropped to 189.9 here but most still 199.9. I thought 189.9 was good but seems people are getting better. Will this continue or will they find their big red number 2s?!

Back