Price increase after order

As I've seen from the Cali forum, VW are saying that any already ordered Cali delivered after the 1st June 2022 will be priced at that standing at the time of delivery. I've got a MAN TGE (VW Crafter) on order and expect the price on delivery to rise although I hope not.
The VW cut off for registration is the end of June.

Unfortunately I feel the dealers are the ones just passing on the message. My dealer as said the same for all orders not received by the end of march 22. My dealer has said he wonders if it’s a way VW are trying to get people to cancel there orders. I can appreciate materials going up etc and we are living in unprecedented times. No different to when we have building work done and the builder kindly informs us timber and steel has gone up he simply passes the costs on to us.

What annoys me most is that Iv ordered in February and people who ordered sportlines ( considering this model wasn’t even released when I ordered ) have received there vans already , and not incurred a price increase , just doesn’t sit right with me.

Unfortunately I feel the dealers are the ones just passing on the message. My dealer as said the same for all orders not received by the end of march 22. My dealer has said he wonders if it’s a way VW are trying to get people to cancel there orders. I can appreciate materials going up etc and we are living in unprecedented times. No different to when we have building work done and the builder kindly informs us timber and steel has gone up he simply passes the costs on to us.

What annoys me most is that Iv ordered in February and people who ordered sportlines ( considering this model wasn’t even released when I ordered ) have received there vans already , and not incurred a price increase , just doesn’t sit right with me.
Has your van arrived? If so, did you have a price increase?

What annoys me most is that Iv ordered in February and people who ordered sportlines ( considering this model wasn’t even released when I ordered ) have received there vans already , and not incurred a price increase , just doesn’t sit right with me
Hi
Have you received your van yet? If so any news on price increase? I ordered mine feb 2021, after numerous setbacks, it’s looking like April. However I’ve been told a potential price increase, if van is not delivered by March. Price increase could be around 8%. This figure is the 3x price increases, from when I ordered. Before I hand any money over. I will show my solicitor the TnCs. Like you not happy with this at all. I’ve had a loaded 204, been faffed around with timings and now hitting with what could be around 3k price increase. Kieran

Has your van arrived? If so, did you have a price increase?

Hi
Have you received your van yet? If so any news on price increase? I ordered mine feb 2021, after numerous setbacks, it’s looking like April. However I’ve been told a potential price increase, if van is not delivered by March. Price increase could be around 8%. This figure is the 3x price increases, from when I ordered. Before I hand any money over. I will show my solicitor the TnCs. Like you not happy with this at all. I’ve had a loaded 204, been faffed around with timings and now hitting with what could be around 3k price increase. Kieran
Hi yeh I received my van on 7:01:22. No price increase for me thankfully

Hi yeh I received my van on 7:01:22. No price increase for me thankfully! I feel like I’m the only who hasn’t got their van. I know people who ordered after me and received there ages ago! Cheer

Evening all, I’m a long time lurker on here and was planning to wait until my kombi arrived before posting but needing a rant so I’m here prematurely

Ordered my kombi with the main dealer in July and I am fully expecting it might be next July before I see it (if I see it). I don’t normally buy new vans so not familiar with the pitfalls however had a lovely conversation with my dealer today telling me VW will not be honouring the price on the vehicles they have on order, they are passing the price increase on to me so my van has increased in price by £1000. I thought that the payment of a deposit was acceptance of the contract but seems I’m wrong. Is this normal behavior from the main stealer?
I placed my order in July 2022 , emailed the dealer last week as I want to add a leisure battery, they called back saying if I amend the order ill lose my price protection and will have to pay around £750 price increase on top of the battery... seems wrong to me.

I placed my order in July 2022 , emailed the dealer last week as I want to add a leisure battery, they called back saying if I amend the order ill lose my price protection and will have to pay around £750 price increase on top of the battery... seems wrong to me.
Don't bother with a VW installed leisure battery you can do a much better installation yourself for much less money. VW are only fitting a basic split charge system, you will be much more efficient with a good B2B unit and appropriate leisure battery.

Stick with your original spec, the VW second battery is a poor solution compared to a proper leisure battery installation with DC-DC charger.

So has anyone actually paid for a van that's had its price increased since order?

I ordered May 2021 and, the last time I enquired, I had a provisional build date of wk 48 (2022).

At the back end of 2021, Autoebid informed me that price protection would be removed if my van wasn't delivered by the end of March 2022 and when I confronted the dealer (JCB Ashford), they would neither confirm nor deny the price of my van would increase - they just said it was a possibility.

Don't bother with a VW installed leisure battery you can do a much better installation yourself for much less money. VW are only fitting a basic split charge system, you will be much more efficient with a good B2B unit and appropriate leisure battery.
Long way off getting my van but which system would you recommend? Quick search and Renogy look good?

I have received mine, ordered Aug 21 and delivered July 22, I don’t have my documents to hand but the price increase was around 2%.

Mine was through the main dealer, salesman commented that he would have been well pleased if I’d cancelled as they could have got a lot more for it at the prices today.

Which model?
I wouldn’t just jump in without doing some serious research, most of which has been thoroughly covered here on the forum. You need to look at a holistic approach rather than a piecemeal “bits & bobs” route. If further down the line, you’ll be adding solar/EHU etc. You can save yourself money/time/grief in the future by some careful planning now. Planning costs nowt!

Long way off getting my van but which system would you recommend? Quick search and Renogy look good?
As others have said, look at it in the round when you have decided what you intend to install in the vehicle. My current camper is now six years old so it doesn't have the most modern tech installed but I have a RING RSCDC30 B2B which incorporates an MPPT solar charger connected to a 100W PV panel on the roof (it's a T6 LWB with High Roof) managing a pair of 120Ah AGM leisure batteries which supply a Waeco CRX65 fridge, Eberspacher D2 Airtronic, 150W Invertor (just for a laptop), USB & 12v outlets and habitation lighting.

Back