Price increase after order

Spokesman_bikes

Evening all, I’m a long time lurker on here and was planning to wait until my kombi arrived before posting but needing a rant so I’m here prematurely

Ordered my kombi with the main dealer in July and I am fully expecting it might be next July before I see it (if I see it). I don’t normally buy new vans so not familiar with the pitfalls however had a lovely conversation with my dealer today telling me VW will not be honouring the price on the vehicles they have on order, they are passing the price increase on to me so my van has increased in price by £1000. I thought that the payment of a deposit was acceptance of the contract but seems I’m wrong. Is this normal behavior from the main stealer?

i would assume the same.

did you pay the deposit in july 21 when you ordered?

what are they saying then about a price increase?

i always get the dealers on the phone saying "order now as the price is going up next month/year"

That sounds totally wrong to me.
I work for a VAG dealer and we would never increase the price of the car!!!

Deposit paid yeah and pcp organised. They say they have a large number of vehicles on order with VW, normally the price would be locked in after order however due to covid/brexit/chip shortage/labour shortage VW have passed the increase on to the dealer and they are unable to absorb it. This means I have to pay more.

id seek further advice on that . . . ?

do you have legal cover on your insurance or something?

im sure a quick letter from your legal team will soon have that cost reversed.

That dont sound fair to me . . . .

maybe before that raise a case with VWCV UK and see what they have to say about it.

Have a read of this thread, especially the last 10 pages or so, its in there somewhere. There are others who are falling foul of this too...you are not alone.

I once had something very similar with a factory order for a new Disco. There was a 6 month lead time & the dealer phoned me a couple of months in telling me the price had gone up. I told him it wouldn’t have done if they could have delivered it on time. He rolled over. They are just trying it on, the delay isn’t your fault. If they knew that the vehicle would be delayed, they should have quoted you next years price.

Have a read of this thread, especially the last 10 pages or so, its in there somewhere. There are others who are falling foul of this too...you are not alone.

Just had a read at that, seems it’s just a case of suck it up and do with less modifications or cancel my order. I know over the price of the van it’s a small amount but I just wasn’t expecting it. Hopefully this is the last bad news I get from them.

Unfortunately I feel the dealers are the ones just passing on the message. My dealer as said the same for all orders not received by the end of march 22. My dealer has said he wonders if it’s a way VW are trying to get people to cancel there orders. I can appreciate materials going up etc and we are living in unprecedented times. No different to when we have building work done and the builder kindly informs us timber and steel has gone up he simply passes the costs on to us.

What annoys me most is that Iv ordered in February and people who ordered sportlines ( considering this model wasn’t even released when I ordered ) have received there vans already , and not incurred a price increase , just doesn’t sit right with me.

Unfortunately I feel the dealers are the ones just passing on the message. My dealer as said the same for all orders not received by the end of march 22. My dealer has said he wonders if it’s a way VW are trying to get people to cancel there orders. I can appreciate materials going up etc and we are living in unprecedented times. No different to when we have building work done and the builder kindly informs us timber and steel has gone up he simply passes the costs on to us.

What annoys me most is that Iv ordered in February and people who ordered sportlines ( considering this model wasn’t even released when I ordered ) have received there vans already , and not incurred a price increase , just doesn’t sit right with me.
I fear you are correct about VW trying to get people to cancel orders, or maybe a way for the dealer to free up orders for ‘better customers’

I haven’t canceled as I do need a van but I’m getting nervous that it won’t be the last increase or delay.

Reactions: MrT
Hello,

I believe that VW have said Kombis need to be registered by end of March and California’s by the end of June to be price protected at time of order.

I’ve also been told that VW will be looking at each order on a case by case basis.

You say you ordered back in July, what delivery date did the dealer give you at time of order?

Much as I enjoy my VW I would walk away from that so called deal and seriously consider othe van manufacturers. Heresy I know but VW are in most regards taking us all for fools!

Tell him that it is a very interesting proposition that you will consider very carefully….oh, and you’ll let him know the outcome of your deliberations when they call you with a confirmed delivery date.

As I've seen from the Cali forum, VW are saying that any already ordered Cali delivered after the 1st June 2022 will be priced at that standing at the time of delivery. I've got a MAN TGE (VW Crafter) on order and expect the price on delivery to rise although I hope not.

If I was running a business with people queuing up to buy something that doesn’t exist yet I’d be tempted to put the price up too.
Vote with your £££££ and reject the terms.

Back