Power increase - exhaust or air-filter?

S18RVW

T6 Pro
y had one choice for a power increase what would it be between an exhaust or a performance air filter?

I’d say exhaust. I kidded myself once that a K&N air filter made my mini faster. Come to thing of it I did the same with a central exhaust.

not so easy on a diesel . .

theres more to it than a filter and exhaust pipe.

the quickest way is a remap.

have a chat with our trade people about power upgrades . . .

@BognorMotors

@The Van Cave

@CRS Performance

Exhaust wise it’ll only be the manifold and or cat delete that makes the power, changing cat back or just a back box won’t make much or no power at all

not so easy on a diesel . .

theres more to it than a filter and exhaust pipe.

the quickest way is a remap.

have a chat with our trade people about power upgrades . . .

@BognorMotors

@The Van Cave

@CRS Performance

The OP has a TSI :)

Either way the biggest bang for bucks is a remap with the petrol or diesel. I've just looked up the figures on the TSI and its definitely in the smile factor territory.

I would have thought that the easiest way to decide what a performance filter does, is to remove your air filter completely, drive around the block, and see if there is any improvement. If not, then its unlikely one would help.

Either way the biggest bang for bucks is a remap with the petrol or diesel. I've just looked up the figures on the TSI and its definitely in the smile factor territory.
I already have a Pendle remap running 315bhp on there rolling road.

Changing the air filter will make absolutely no noticeable difference, especially on the lower powered vans, the standard one flows enough air for around 300 BHP. Any tiny difference will only be 1 or 2 BHP, and only detectable on a dynamometer. If the van feels faster, it's in your head, ie the placebo effect.

Back