So who makes VW filters.. Bosch maybe, Mahle?

Jim Rey

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I want to change my air filter. The part number is 7EO.129.620

Measured it . L=310mm w=190mm
As regards height do I I have got 65mm approx from the bottom of the fiter up to the rubber rim

Where would I get the genuine part from or would euro carparts Bosch or Mahle filter do the job?

Living in Scotland I don't assume I need a dry and dusty filter

Is the van still under warranty (normal or extended VW) ? If yes I’d be using OEM parts. If out of warranty just use a Bosch one - I got my service parts incl diesel filter, charcoal cabin filter from Murray’s Direct on ebay - great service!

Is the van still under warranty (normal or extended VW) ? If yes I’d be using OEM parts. If out of warranty just use a Bosch one - I got my service parts incl diesel filter, charcoal cabin filter from Murray’s Direct on ebay - great service!
Out of warranty. The plastic engine air intake housing has Bosch stamped on it. I think VW have 3rd parties making these filters and then get them to stamp the VW part number on it so that VW can charge you more for "genuine parts"...or am I being cynical ;)

If you’re planning to change the cabin filter read up first - the dash needs half dismantling on the passenger side and you need to be a contortionist to get the old one out and new one in.

If you’re planning to change the cabin filter read up first - the dash needs half dismantling on the passenger side and you need to be a contortionist to get the old one out and new one in.
The garage told me they had to change the pollen filter inside on the passenger footwell when it was being service in September.
Me, being the trusting type, took the replacement out to check it was new and discovered that they hadn't fitted it back correctly with the fitting screw not in the thread. So it couldn't have been working correctly as it wasn't sealed properly .
I refitted it correctly. Sometimes I wonder if it is best to do a service myself. Out of warranty, this is what I think I might do from this point forward. They told me the air filter didn't need changed as I only had 14,500 thousand on the clock but I wish they had just done it at the time.
I had an issue on Thursday with the glow plug light coming on and flashing. Removing the air filter, giving it a shake and blowing out the sensor seems to have sorted that (hopefully). This is why I now want to change the air filter but get a proper job.
Think I will look at the Murrays direct eBay seller.

I’m servicing mine myself going forwards - done one so far. Kept all the receipts and used the checklist from the Haynes T5 manual.

Back