Power-folding mirror retrofit

Camperjoe

T6 Pro
Hi all, I have a Kombi Highline and I'm looking to add power folding mirrors, but my question is if I just buy the mirrors and the switch what is left to do? coding?
and I think mine is a model year 18 so would they fold on the fob?
Many thanks in advance!

I think you are in uncharted territory here
MY16/MY17 vans the door modules are different for vehicles ordered with/without power fold mirrors so its possible even if you do fit them the door modules will not be compatible, i think we need to get more scans of MY18 vans ordered with and without them so we can compare the part numbers/coding of the modules

I have a T6 kombi highline with no folding mirrors MY17 which I intend to retrofit folding mirrors I have the coding from my own vehicle and a MY18 with folding mirrors on key fob, so if you have Vcds pm a scan across to myself and pauly it would be interesting to see what modules are now going into the MY18 vans which do not have folding mirrors from factory.

There is some additional wiring from switch to module, and mirrors to module.

If you don't have vcds I may be able to help, and might be able to help with the retrofit once I have done mine and confirmed all works as per factory.

I have a couple scans of MY18 without power folding, notice some of the new ones are starting to come through with different door modules ie suffix on part number is different between the two sides

Yes agreed MY18 with folding mirrors, Drivers door with suffix (R) passenger side (Q), what have you seen without folding mirrors MY18 suffix

Here’s the coding off mine. MY18 factory fitted power fold mirrors.

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 R HW: 7E0 959 801 R Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J386__TSG_FT 004 0653
Serial number: KU0KU022081772343178
Coding: 1400B1

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 Q HW: 7E0 959 802 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J387__TSG_BT 003 0653
Serial number: KU0KU021081772334945
Coding: 0400A1

Good to see some consistency from VW with the R&Q modules with factory folding, I assume yours fold on the key fob as well ?

Ok I think I know someone with VCDS so will ask tomorrow and get back to you. Failing that anyone near Reading? I'm happy to provide donor vehicle.

Cheers bud will keep that in mind. Well I looked mine up on ETKA system and I have:
Kombi Highline MY18 WITHOUT folding mirrors
Driver's door 7EO 959 801 Q
Passenger door 7EO 959 802 Q
Both ending in 'Q'. So does this tell you anything? :unsure:

I thought they were ‘R’s I scanned one with 1 R and 1 Q and they didn’t either... have you compared the s/ware versions?

Just had a long conversation with @T5.1 auto about this and its getting complicated
An MY18 with factory power fold on key has 1R and 1Q but if you order replacement modules for an MY18 they list 2Q modules AND MY18 door module coding is identical to yours on an MY17 with Q modules ?!?!

On this basis Q modules must be capable of fold on fob, i think its back to the BCM coding/admap for more digging, i will give you a call another day to discuss further ........

Jees started something here. Well I'm thinking of buying the mirrors and a switch and go from there. I hope I can at least get them to fold via the switch. Will watch this conundrum unfold....Unfold get it! ;)
Ha ha.

@ camperjoe if it is possible as @Loz has mentioned above, it would be interesting to know the software revision of each of your modules

Back