Power Cut? Ricardo T's --'How I done It'

Ricardo T

Now or Never
VIP Member
T6 Legend
First of all, apologies @Dellmassive for hopping on your 'How I done It' threads but guessing you haven't copywrited just yet. By no means as comprehensive or well written as the 'master' himself but just my experience over the last few days with the disruption caused by storm Eunice.

So last year I bought, at fair expense, a Ecoflow Delta solar generator which you will find under Dellmahoosives 'Solar Generator - how I done it' thread. Pondered for a quite a while, because of the expense, and then thought sod it, not only will it come in handy for our camping trips, but also for the times when we are without power in rural Suffolk, which seems to be at least once or twice a year and which can be for (as it stands at the moment, 3 days which was two years ago) more than just a few hours/days.
It has proved excellent for camping as a back up to the leisure battery on longer trips and to festivals and for making exquisite coffee off grid.
So, our power goes out yesterday at midday and the goalposts for it coming back on are continually extended, with the current estimated return of just before midnight tonight form UKPN.
First chance at home to try the Delta powering different appliances at different times. Always keeping the Delta fully charged and ready for anything, along with all the usual head torches and camping lights in the stormy winter months is a must but with plenty of warning form the Met office too there was really no excuse to be un prepared.
I must add that the Delta was not the only source of heat/light etc but helped our situation enormously. My mother who has recently been discharged from Hospital for a hip fracture a few days beforehand was staying with us for the foreseeable so it was fairly important to keep her warm and for her to see where she was going in the house and to reach the right chair to sit on for the toilet!
We also have a woodburner on the lounge and the usual candles dotted around.
Luckily before the power went out the underfloor heating had just reached temperature so this heat was being emitted from the floor for the remaining of that day.
So we treated ourselves to an hour of internet for strarters! The 4G here is very patchy.
IMG_6250.jpeg
Then the news at 6 for an update on just how windy it had been...
IMG_6256.jpeg
Then a burst of the boiler for a couple of hours to top up the underfloor heating....(the main feed having been safely disconnected and isolated and then a new feed cable from the Delta connected). The firing stage of the boiler uses approx twice as much power as the cycle stage.
IMG_6265.jpeg
So that was yesterday...this morning the sun was out so...
IMG_6273.jpeg
But, the sun soon went back in and with only 1% of power left an alternative form of charging was required.
A trip to father in laws 20 minutes down the road with delta charging in the back of the car didnt really do too much so we left Delta charging on his mains while we assessed his storm damage.....an hour later the Delta was fully charged up again!
IMG_6277.jpeg
Ready for the evening ahead.
Really quite impressed by this piece of kit..proving worth the investment in my opinion and if you live out in the sticks can make life just a little easier, although charging may be an issue for some.;)
Must also add we used the following lights which were charged form my Makita batteries...awesome!IMG_8030.jpeg

Last edited:
Great review......... :)

I love the EF Delta..... It's next on my purchase list.

For now I have the EF River Pro.

Joking aside out of all the lithium packs I have the ECOFLOW is by far the best build quality and specs for charging.

I'll be interested to see @Pauly Jackory unit soon at summer camp.

I'm glad the thread helped you make an informed purchase.

Back