Position Sensor for Rear Air Distribution Flap 2

sippe

NCO
VCDS User
T6 Pro
Good evening!

Trying to figure out where this one can come from (code below), but not sure...

I tried opening up the box where the rear blower sits, and playing around with the airco. Everything seems to be working in a normal way, flap opens and closes when changing between hot and cold (I think it's that flap?), blower works fine.

Thanks

Jan

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels:| 7E5-907-040.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 907 040 AA HW: 7E0 907 040 AA
Component: ClimatronicT5 H04 0510
Revision: 00001K04
Coding: 0004000103
Shop #: WSC 02737 790 50316
ASAM Dataset: EV_ClimatronicT5 A01003
ROD: EV_ClimaAutoT5Basis_VN75.rod
VCID: 629DACC8B4C0DBEBB9B-8037

Slave 1:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7E5 907 049 C HW: 7E5 907 049 C
Component: Heckbedienung H11 0303
Serial number: BHB-0012009160015137

1 Fault Found:
9582357 - Position Sensor for Rear Air Disrtibution Flap 2
B1237 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 69
Mileage: 138978 km
Date: 2022.12.26
Time: 13:12:32

You have roof air channels in the back, right? If so, it could be the flap that directs air either to windows or passengers. It’s located near right hand d pillar, black lump on top of the headliner in below photo.

If you look carefully you can see the socket in left end of the lump and it’s blue plug hanging from the roof.

But this is just a guess. I think you could try to switch between normal / max window blow and see if the airflow in the rear changes.

IMG_1944.jpeg

Cheers! Thank you for the reply. You didn't have take the whole ceiling out, though :p . Didn't know that there was a flap up there, thought it was only down where the blower sits.

Will take a look at it somewhere this summer (need to see when I got free time to open it up...

Grtz

Jan

Hey, sorry for the VERY late reply, haven't had any time until now, busy busy busy...

Finally got everything opened up. Seems the company that installed the roof removed the flap controller (?) in the roof, so just unplugged the blue connector. Suppose that's where the fault comes from. So thank you already for the great tip!

Anybody an idea how to get rid of the fault? (shortening some pins on the connector, removing something in VCDS,...)

Thanks a lot!

Hi!

This thread shows the flap motor in a closeup: rear air distribution flap servomotor

What I would try to do is to find a used one from ebay and plug it in: 52411483 for sale | eBay

Not sure if the flap could be simulated easily. And probably not easy or even possible to remove just that flap with VCDS either - I think the easiest is to just use the real thing and tie it up somewhere out of the way.

EDIT: I couldn't find the part number for the flap for sure and the person in above thread did not confirm it was indeed the same flap. So, bit of a guess.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Think that's what I'm gonna do. It looks the same and hase VW/Audi logo on it, so might give it a try. Will keep you posted :)

This is the part number I believe (trying to find some info on the net...)
4F0 820 511 B V 435

This looks like the correct flap: Climatic A/C blowing hot air to rear pax, no A/C

And from the pic we also have a part number 2q0907511g for sale | eBay

Probably it is also somewhere in the part diagrams but I just could not find it

EDIT:

also noticed another thread by @Broadside, got to love this quote:
The VW part references were very hard to find out, the dealership had to get their top man to find it in ETKA.

Servomotor 2Q0907511G
Gear train 7E0898903A

Last edited:
Ok, small update. So far it seems to work, motor connects, and cog wheel turns around when setting etc... (the one with the number from my post, I think they are all similar, I have the impression that as long as they fit, they fit)

Found this post:
Tried to put some electricity on the 5 (+) and 6 (-),that turned the little cog wheel around to another setting. after doing a bit of that and resetting the flaps a couple of times (pushing airco and front vent together until the lights start to flash), quickly checked if I hadn't made a mistake anywhere. Unchecked secondary heating (think it was that, my memory sometimes has holes), and deleted the fault codes. Drove around the block for a quick first check, and all seems to be ok (so far, it might as well come up again, we'll see).

Thank you so far!

Good news!

The original error was B1237 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus. This basically points to a wiring issue, it's not likely to repeat now that you have a flap motor connected.

If there was still some faults to come I think they would be different and more inclined towards issues in positioning the flap - for example motor cannot turn anymore into one direction because it's already at it's travel end.

indeed (I already forgot, sorry :p , error now was something to do with the basic position. So indeed, think it's solved :)

Back