Poptop thermal wrap repair

18T6

T6 Pro
Any ideas how to repair this? Was quoted a ridiculous price to send back to manufacturer.

Was thinking best to shorten the fibreglass pole a little then insert some webbing folded over then sew up and down either side of it. Not got a sewing machine though but I’m sure I have a mate with one.

IMG_4546.jpeg

Cut it shorter, round the end off, clamp the rod in place and glue the webbing. Loctite 406 or superglue. Will be bonded in seconds.

You will need to do the same on the other side or you will have a wonky front panel won’t you? Is it too high anyway? If not it will be a bit baggy too unless you can get enough tension on the back

Just sew some appropriate black webbing type stuff over the tear (maybe even take a bit if the pole and file it smooth. Use a strong black synthetic thread (not cotton which might rot) and don't worry too much as it's very unlikely to show up against the black background so you can just do it by hand. It might be a lot to get a needle through so use a pair of pliers to push it through and pull out the other side. As my Mrs says, when I sew something, it might not look pretty but it never comes apart.

You will need to do the same on the other side or you will have a wonky front panel won’t you? Is it too high anyway? If not it will be a bit baggy too unless you can get enough tension on the back
Wont be cutting the actual screen just the pole ;-)

Only nipping off <1cm to allow what’s left to be glued as per what DXX, it won’t be a problem, as the glue will be as stiff as the pole

Only nipping off <1cm to allow what’s left to be glued as per what DXX, it won’t be a problem, as the glue will be as stiff as the pole
If you can push it back in and clamp in position there’s no need to cut it. I thought you couldn’t get it back inside.

If you can push it back in and clamp in position there’s no need to cut it. I thought you couldn’t get it back inside.
I think it will be better glued webbing webbing glued, so a 1cm nip off will allow that

Back