Pop Top Wrapped!

I’ve not been invoiced yet, but I think it’s around £350ish. Don’t quote me on that mind, it was a good couple of weeks ago I booked in and I forgot to ask this morning.

Old thread resurrection. Anyone else had their poptop wrapped? Looking at a wrap for my hilo that's not looking its best. Thanks.

@True Romance I had my Hilo wrapped as it was for ever going dull and polishing it out only lasted a few months. Went for a carbon fibre look and then stuck my solar panel on top. It has lasted pretty well with just a small amount of lifting in some of the hollows. It's a fairly complex shape to wrap.

@True Romance I had my Hilo wrapped as it was for ever going dull and polishing it out only lasted a few months. Went for a carbon fibre look and then stuck my solar panel on top. It has lasted pretty well with just a small amount of lifting in some of the hollows. It's a fairly complex shape to wrap.

Thank you sir. Could I ask what the cost was please and who did it?

I think I paid £230 no vat I could have had gloss black for £200 Evolve Automotive, Parcel Terrace, Derby

A couple of questions for you @Jollyvan:
What finish did your Hilo have prior to the wrap - was it a high-gloss finish that needed constantly polishing?
And, how long did you have it wrapped before you noticed any lifting?

TIA

Thought I would update this thread. After speaking to @Tourershine I found out this is a common problem with Gel coats and needs polishing out.
This has been sorted today and what a great job he has done. better than original. Just need to maintain it now!!View attachment 88222View attachment 88223
@Bav So after @Tourershine sorted my roof I tried to maintain it with regular polishing but was fighting a loosing battle. No body shop would paint the roof on the van so went for the wrap.Roof 3.jpg
As you can see the overall effect is great butRoof 2.jpg
In detail you can see a bit of lifting along the corner which happened during the hot weather in summer. The black roof gets very hot.
This would be a great worry to some with OCD but my view is that it is so much better than before.Roof 1.jpg
Generally the wrap is good. Sorry its not clean but you get the idea.

@Bav So after @Tourershine sorted my roof I tried to maintain it with regular polishing but was fighting a loosing battle. No body shop would paint the roof on the van so went for the wrap.View attachment 189189
As you can see the overall effect is great butView attachment 189190
In detail you can see a bit of lifting along the corner which happened during the hot weather in summer. The black roof gets very hot.
This would be a great worry to some with OCD but my view is that it is so much better than before.View attachment 189191
Generally the wrap is good. Sorry its not clean but you get the idea.
Cheers @Jollyvan. How long was it before the wrap started to lift?

12 months. As I said it was during the hot summer. They use hot air guns to shrink the wrap on installation so its not surprising.

Reactions: Bav
Back