New van

Burner

T6 Pro
Hi all

As said yesterday, I picked my 2021 van up yesterday and have a few questions which I’ll bunch here together.

Security. Gona go for a disk lock for now and maybe a pedal lock.

I need a mat for the middle just to cover the flooring and was going to get a rear bumper protector, to stop any scratches! Tailgate! Any recommendations?

I was in the back yesterday and the ride is a little rough , not to bad but it could be improved!, as I’ve not ridden in any other campers I can’t judge it against mine but I’ve read enough on here to know a lot of you have changed the shocks. Have you changed to improve the ride or just to lower it?, I’m not to bothered about lowering it with all the speed bumps ets..,and how much better is the ride?

Pop top. Are you using anything else to secure the top down apart from the normal straps?

I’ve been up since 3am can’t sleep with excitement , that’s all I can think of for now
Thanks

Well if you can’t sleep then get stuck into the search engine and research all the subjects you‘re interested in.

Morning @Burner ! Gosh you're keen this morning!
The first 'mod' I had done when I picked up my newly converted van was to sort out the suspension. It had the typical 'saggy arse syndrome' with all the extra added weight in the rear. I felt I was stargazing in the front and the ride was like a cross between a space hopper and a pogo stick! Very crashy, front and rear.
A visit to Steve @CRS Performance was booked, he did his 'thing' and the difference in the ride was amazing. Steve isn't too far south for you.
I'm not sure what tyres you have on the front, but mine were 275's all round on 20's. Too wide for front wheels on 8.5's, Steve told me to change out the front tyres for 245/45's after his operation! Again a huge transformation over the originals. Steering is now precise with less rubbish thrown up the sides of the van. Handling is so good now, the Mrs enjoys driving it sadly!
Security, I would imagine you will have a Ghost or meta trak installed already for insurance purposes, Chris @Dav-Tec is your man for that. I use one of those yellow Stop Lock pro things which is very easy to store when not in use, in addition to a Global Telemetrics system which is potentially the poor relation of Ghost and Meta.
Pop top straps for me work as nature intended, very secure, no worries there.
Rear bumper protector? Yeah, nice relatively cheap addition for when you open the back and everything spills out!

As for Ravenna, probably my favourite colour but my 'primer' Ascot Grey will do for now!

Welcome to the world of buying things you didn't know you needed!

Enjoy!? You won't half!

Well if you can’t sleep then get stuck into the search engine and research all the subjects you‘re interested in.
Yeh Dave, I’ve done loads of research over the last few months but I thought I’d just ask the experts before I by a dud part

Morning @Burner ! Gosh you're keen this morning!
The first 'mod' I had done when I picked up my newly converted van was to sort out the suspension. It had the typical 'saggy arse syndrome' with all the extra added weight in the rear. I felt I was stargazing in the front and the ride was like a cross between a space hopper and a pogo stick! Very crashy, front and rear.
A visit to Steve @CRS Performance was booked, he did his 'thing' and the difference in the ride was amazing. Steve isn't too far south for you.
I'm not sure what tyres you have on the front, but mine were 275's all round on 20's. Too wide for front wheels on 8.5's, Steve told me to change out the front tyres for 245/45's after his operation! Again a huge transformation over the originals. Steering is now precise with less rubbish thrown up the sides of the van. Handling is so good now, the Mrs enjoys driving it sadly!
Security, I would imagine you will have a Ghost or meta trak installed already for insurance purposes, Chris @Dav-Tec is your man for that. I use one of those yellow Stop Lock pro things which is very easy to store when not in use, in addition to a Global Telemetrics system which is potentially the poor relation of Ghost and Meta.
Pop top straps for me work as nature intended, very secure, no worries there.
Rear bumper protector? Yeah, nice relatively cheap addition for when you open the back and everything spills out!

As for Ravenna, probably my favourite colour but my 'primer' Ascot Grey will do for now!

Welcome to the world of buying things you didn't know you needed!

Enjoy!? You won't half!
I’m already down the rabbit hole on things I don’t know i need!

Was it just a spring swap or full shocks as well, on your van?,

Thanks

The ruggedised aluminium bumper protector I fitted ended up rubbing on the bottom of my tailgate and taking the paint off, so be careful what you fit.

I’m already down the rabbit hole on things I don’t know i need!

Was it just a spring swap or full shocks as well, on your van?,

Thanks
Koni shocks and H&R ARB's, kept the back as it was and brought the front down so the arch gaps matched.
Night and day difference.
LED's were the next big change, but it looks like you're covered there! That was a literal night and day change!

I have a carbon fibre rear bumper protector from VWcarbon. Hard wearing and looks great. I wasn’t 100% on the shape/fitment, but I think that was a lack of ability on my part.

Have a look how your van sits. If it’s converted and the rear is low then your springs wil already be compressed so won’t have much left for the bumps. It’s possible to fix this on the cheap by putting on updated (T32) springs I believe.
But as with Wayne above, I had mine done nearly 3 years ago at CRS and it’s still good.

Pop top straps original and still the best lol.
I’ve replaced my long straps with some j-hooks that go under the van fixing bar them just a short pull of the strap. It was a trick I picked up off a few others on this great forum.

Edit: great looking van. I’m suffering from Ravenna Blue envy at the moment. Looking for a new van to convert and that’s my preferred colour.

Last edited:
lovely looking van, what alloys are you running? looks like inovit speeds but cant quite tell?

welcome!!

The ruggedised aluminium bumper protector I fitted ended up rubbing on the bottom of my tailgate and taking the paint off, so be careful what you fit.
Likewise,.I had a black one with ridges on it and had the same issue. Defo go for a flat protecter.

Likewise,.I had a black one with ridges on it and had the same issue. Defo go for a flat protecter.

I was going to go with one like this, or just a vinal wrap over the step. Thanks for the heads up on the get a flat one!!

24654E5B-04F3-4775-B659-DE10AF240097.png

Pop top. Are you using anything else to secure the top down apart from the normal straps?

I use a pair of Quick Pop straps.

5AC644C0-FAD2-40FA-A187-518EE60C6E62.jpeg

A lot neater than the previous 8 foot straps and they don’t fall on your head while driving!

C7019029-DE79-4785-BFAD-D88A7AC7EE95.jpeg

I like how they have a hook that the buckle is fixed to so you can pull down on the roof to tighten it. The magnet in the end of the loose strap is a nice touch too, so it stays up out of the way.

They are not cheap but you do get 2 x 8 foot straps back to use on your roofrack!

The only issue with them is that it is easy to not notice that your pop top is not secured. We have driven off twice with it not fastened down!

Koni shocks and H&R ARB's, kept the back as it was and brought the front down so the arch gaps matched.
Night and day difference.
LED's were the next big change, but it looks like you're covered there! That was a literal night and day change!

There’s plenty of room to my arches to go a bit lower,
I’ll give crs a look
Thanks

A lot neater than the previous 8 foot straps and they don’t fall on your head while driving!

I like how they have a hook that the buckle is fixed to so you can pull down on the roof to tighten it. The magnet in the end of the loose strap is a nice touch too, so it stays up out of the way.

They are not cheap but you do get 2 x 8 foot straps back to use on your roofrack!

The only issue with them is that it is easy to not notice that your pop top is not secured. We have driven off twice with it not fastened down!

Yeh that was my point really , I thought the top would be fixed down , not just with a few straps, didn’t seem secure?!
But I guess it must be

Added to buy list

I have a carbon fibre rear bumper protector from VWcarbon. Hard wearing and looks great. I wasn’t 100% on the shape/fitment, but I think that was a lack of ability on my part.

Have a look how your van sits. If it’s converted and the rear is low then your springs wil already be compressed so won’t have much left for the bumps. It’s possible to fix this on the cheap by putting on updated (T32) springs I believe.
But as with Wayne above, I had mine done nearly 3 years ago at CRS and it’s still good.

Pop top straps original and still the best lol.
I’ve replaced my long straps with some j-hooks that go under the van fixing bar them just a short pull of the strap. It was a trick I picked up off a few others on this great forum.

Edit: great looking van. I’m suffering from Ravenna Blue envy at the moment. Looking for a new van to convert and that’s my preferred colour.

Is this a flat one protective strip bigs?, it looks like it on the pictures in website.
Yeh I like the blue, but there was a nice colour of red can’t remember the name , was tempted by it!!

Back