Pop top - Paint recommendations Hampshire

BlayneKinley

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, Currently having a nightmare with the colour coding of my pop top roof.

I had the pop top installed in 2021 and the colour was slightly off from the word go. Unfortunately the pop top had suffered blistering and this was returned to Skyline who had sub contracted the painting out to another 3rd party as they didn't have a booth big enough to do the roof in-situ. The roof has been repainted and the finish is spot on but the colour of the roof keeps bugging me. Totally understand that some angles will throw the shades of grey slightly darker or lighter but to me it just still looks too dark and for a colour coded roof its really bugging me. Unsure if the square profile of the roof is throwing it off. Am I going mad :slow rofl:

What's everyone thoughts on this? Unsure if I should open correspondence with Skyline again about the colour code and request it be redone.

Van roof.jpeg

If all you are after is opinions, here is mine :)

I can clearly see the colour difference, and it doesn't match at all. However I am not sure this is an entirely bad thing. It would be good to see the rest of your van, but it looks like the darker grey might tie in nicely with your front window deflectors, and maybe your wheels too (but I am now inferring from a tiny photo in your avatar....).

Pop tops like this never really "blend in" even with the proper paint colour because they are a lump on the roof and the black seal creates a line that is hard to ignore. So having it as a feature works in my eyes.

If you have a really nice paint finish on it, this would be important to me and I'd probably stick with it, but also I totally understand when things just annoy you every day and the only solution is to change or fix it.

Back