Pop Top Paint Blisters

stuart-t6

T6 Pro
Hi my factory painted SCA roof after 2 years has developed small 2mm blisters, looks like it’s between the gel coat and the paint.
So far these are only in one section but this is where the rubber seal sits and probably stays wet the longest.
I have now applied some clear helicopter tape over this area but it looks like they are still coming back!
Does anyone have any experience with this?

thanks
Stuart

E78A520C-B9C7-40D4-820B-005854678E15.jpeg

BC67E39E-B05A-4956-B54E-279D8D9632BE.jpeg

I don’t have any details to hand but there is a known problem on GRP windsurfing boards which develop small blisters in the gel coat when you store them wet in the bags. It is to do with osmosis into the gel coat. Might be similar if this is in an area that remains wet and never dries out.
The advice for windsurf kit is not to store in bags and keep them dry in storage

I don’t have any details to hand but there is a known problem on GRP windsurfing boards which develop small blisters in the gel coat when you store them wet in the bags. It is to do with osmosis into the gel coat. Might be similar if this is in an area that remains wet and never dries out.
The advice for windsurf kit is not to store in bags and keep them dry in storage

Thanks I have read up on osmosis but I thought they where larger blisters, mine are very small and I think they may now be solvent blisters strange how it’s taken a few years to show up I just hope they don’t spread!

Back