Pop Top Bed Gas Struts

Sebnev

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Hi,

I put up the pop top for the first time in a few month yesterday.

When I push up the bed floor it the struts aren't holding the bed up into the up position. 1 of them is completely shot, the other is alright but can't hold the weight of the bed on its on.

I've attached photos of the struts that have some codes. I've googled that code and can't find an obvious like for like purchase.
I've measured the Extended length (65cm), and the shaft length (28cm), but have no idea what to buy.

Can anyone point me to a like for like set of struts to buy please ? Or if there's an easy fix to the existing struts even better !

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5398.jpeg

IMG_5400.jpeg

Have a look at SGS engineering, they should be able to assist either with replacements or regassing

Just came back to close this off just in case its useful to someone else in the future.

Original manufacturer doesn't sell to Joe public. Went to SGS as suggested by @airhoguk. They couldn't have been more helpful. They couldn't use the product markings but after giving them mesurements they gave a decent price and shipped next day. Arrived and fitted in a couple of minutes. So a falling bed ceiling isn't going to try and knock me out again :)

. Just came back to close this off just in case its useful to someone else in the future.

Original manufacturer doesn't sell to Joe public. Went to SGS as suggested by @airhoguk. They couldn't have been more helpful. They couldn't use the product markings but after giving them mesurements they gave a decent price and shipped next day. Arrived and fitted in a couple of minutes. So a falling bed ceiling isn't going to try and knock me out again :)
Hi seb. I’m having the same problems you had with the bed struts..any chance you could give me the part numbers or similar to the struts SGS supplied you. Many thanks

Hi. I had to do a custom order as they couldn't use the product code off the original strut. If you go on their website and fill out the form with the measurements then they will come back to you with a price to match the spec.
My specs where -
Rod Diameter (mm)
8mm

Cylinder Diameter (mm)
18mm

Stroke (mm)

Cylinder (mm)

Centre To Centre

Force (Newtons)

The item code they gave me was GS8-18-280-310, B9 10mm Ball socket. However I would recommend you use your existing struts as my pop top might be different to yours.

I have to say they were really good to deal with. I was a bit dubious as I had no idea but they arrived and fitted perfectly.

Back