Pop Top Access Ladder.

Why does the reverse poptop (or right way round as I would call it) make it more difficult for you? Is it not designed to allow easy access to it? Mine has the front hinging roof with the kitchen/bathroom at the rear too and the units are arranged to allow stepping up to it. I wouldn't have a hardtop fitted, it will cost you a lot and reduce the value of your van, much better to sell it and get something that suits you better.
Thanks for the reply, is yours a Cromford ? The only item we can put any weight on is the framework that houses the toilet cassette, obviously the toilet can not really have too much of a point load (foot) on it, my backside spreads the weight around the pan if you know what I mean. Take a look at Hillside leisures online layout for the Cromford.
I did ask if a ladder came with it and the answer was that none supplied due to storage, so at the time I thought I could manage it, which I can, but think it may be an accident waiting to happen
Regarding the high top I am slowly coming round to dismissing the idea, due to appearance mainly and I hear that the new DVLA criteria is indicating that new conversions cannot be registered as motor caravans if they have a pop top, which may make those already registered more sought after !!!. The cost of converting to high top will be in the region of 5K.Will be keeping the van though, it has every comfort we want and suits our needs. Wish we had got a Transporter sooner. Thank you for your thoughts.

Thanks for the reply, is yours a Cromford ? The only item we can put any weight on is the framework that houses the toilet cassette, obviously the toilet can not really have too much of a point load (foot) on it, my backside spreads the weight around the pan if you know what I mean. Take a look at Hillside leisures online layout for the Cromford.
I did ask if a ladder came with it and the answer was that none supplied due to storage, so at the time I thought I could manage it, which I can, but think it may be an accident waiting to happen
Regarding the high top I am slowly coming round to dismissing the idea, due to appearance mainly and I hear that the new DVLA criteria is indicating that new conversions cannot be registered as motor caravans if they have a pop top, which may make those already registered more sought after !!!. The cost of converting to high top will be in the region of 5K.Will be keeping the van though, it has every comfort we want and suits our needs. Wish we had got a Transporter sooner. Thank you for your thoughts.
Mine is a Westfalia, it has a seat/step that hinges over the toilet, maybe one could be fitted?
img_4626-jpg.23822

Will take a look at this thanks, my local vw van dealer has the cali's so I can see one there as well
Just had a look at the link and yes it is what I need, there is always an "however", mine needs to be more vertical, so I think I will call in at vw van centre, talk nicely to someone and ask to try to see if it suits my layout. Many thanks for the link

Can see that working on yours. Mine is a little more difficult due to the whb on one side stops me from fixing a batten to rest a step point onto it, will scratch my head for other ways around the issue. I think this is the only point in the design that has not been considered enough, yet it is quite an issue for those of us that are getting a bit more less agile.

How much are they charging for a ladder blimey!!

Do you have a scenic roof? Might sound daft but could always drop the canvas and get a boot ladder. ha ha

We have something like this STLA Aluminium Ladder

The ladder came with the van conversion and its stowed nicely on top of the mattress when the roof is down makes getting up so much easier.

We have something like this STLA Aluminium Ladder

The ladder came with the van conversion and its stowed nicely on top of the mattress when the roof is down makes getting up so much easier.
That looks good, I will have a measure up and come up with a way of it working in my confined space, and price looks good. Many thanks.

Thanks Donald, I have now sorted a way of getting up to the pop top thanks, the ladder in your picture would not work in mine. ended up with an aluminium A frame just 800mm high and folds together, can stand on top and get bum on edge of bed, can also use it when cleaning top of van, thanks for the help.

Has anyone used the two section bunk ladder available from California club?
Looking to purchase to make life easier but not sure if it will work with a double swivel and non Cali pop top?

29FEAE49-1613-4CC9-9C58-D50665E4AF34.png

Has anyone used the two section bunk ladder available from California club?
Looking to purchase to make life easier but not sure if it will work with a double swivel and non Cali pop top?

View attachment 125376
I’ve just bought a 2m telescopic ladder from Amazon. Works great with a dual passenger swivel and takes up less space than others. I also use it to reach the roof when I’m washing it

Back