Poor DAB

I've had a Shark Fin aerial fitted last week (by Skipton Car Audio ) and blimey what a difference! Such an improvement, not perfect, but thats the TomTom charging from the top 12V slot, but I'm happier now.

Why can't VW fit them at source? They know they have a problem, and I know the answer is cost but.......?
If you unplug the tom tom , does it all improve?

I think on reason is that in Germany and most of the rest of Europe that use the DAB+ format, which is a far superior to our DAB; because it is backwards compatible VW can use a one fits all system for Europe the down side is the UK's is crap. It is a shame, because like most things in this world(ish), it was invented in the UK first, but nobody wants to pay to upgrade the UK's to DAB+.
http://drop.ndtv.com/albums/AUTO/audi-q2/audi-q2-4.jpg

Notice anything on the new audi?
audi-q2-4.jpg
Why can't my T6 look like this (colour and body cladding only)o_O

Just a bit of an update. I've had my Shark Fin aerial on for about a month now, and done quite a few miles around the country, and the improvement in both the FM and Dab is brilliant.

Just a bit of an update. I've had my Shark Fin aerial on for about a month now, and done quite a few miles around the country, and the improvement in both the FM and Dab is brilliant.
Any chance of seeing a photo of the shark fin on the roof.
Trying to decide on the fin or bee sting options.

A Beesting is not an option for me, as I carry a kayak occasionally and there's a few car parks I wouldn't get into.

IMG_4803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob
Hi All.
I had the same problem with a new T6 Kombi. Terrible DAB coverage all around the Southeast of England.
Numerous visits to main dealer who I must say were excellent in trying to resolve the issue. Sadly they are controlled by VW customer care who were useless.
After 16months of trying, new unit, new wiring, mirror aerial etc. We agreed to have a Beesting aerial fitted to the roof.
The difference is remarkable. Like it should have been at the start.
I strongly recommend to anyone with this issue, save yourself the hassle and get a proper aerial fitted straight away.

Back