Poor DAB

GSM, AM, FM one side
FM, GPS, DAB the other
I believe the first is passenger side on RHD and 2nd is driver side and the flip reverse of this on LHD
GSM aerial may not be fitted on vehicles without 'comfort dash' or better centre console as that is where the GSM induction loop is fitted

GSM, AM, FM one side
FM, GPS, DAB the other
I believe the first is passenger side on RHD and 2nd is driver side and the flip reverse of this on LHD
GSM aerial may not be fitted on vehicles without 'comfort dash' or better centre console as that is where the GSM induction loop is fitted
I have only travelled 3000miles in ours, but mostly have DAB on, and it hasn't fall out of reception yet, that I have noticed. And I travel around Lincolnshire a lot, where DAB is generally poor.
I wonder if we should pop a survey up, and see if there is a common tread?
Mine is a MY2017, don't know if anything changed with the MY?

Just to add my experience with this loner t6 i have. Traveling to work with the dab on. If i have absolute radio on its fine but if i switch to planet rock for example it goes off all the way to work , maybe comes on a couple of times for a second or two. If i use my wife's car to work the dab has no problems ! planet rock on all the way. This is not good or acceptable in a new vehicle. I am hoping mine is ok or i will be taking it back to them, dont suppose it will do me any good but i will try.

Mine came back from VW today after requiring 2 new window regulators...

Also I asked them to look at the DAB, their response it was fine on Radio 1 on the way back.... my response was it doesn't work on any stations but national... they just don't want to know...

I fit DAB in a daily basis so I know it's the headunit mostly as fitting a aftermarket improves it a lot but why should I have to change the radio when paying this much... my T5 is the same, got a Pioneer in that and it's much better

My head unit is the sat nav Discover Media Plus, and the dab is spot on, even off BBC; could it have a different dab tuner?, or have I just been lucky so far?
Do the VW cars have similar problems? similar aerials?

Maybe its a area thing lol seems strange how some of you get good reception and others dont ! what i find strange is the car was perfect and the combi was not on the same run = something wrong with the combi :confused:

Maybe its a area thing lol seems strange how some of you get good reception and others dont ! what i find strange is the car was perfect and the combi was not on the same run = something wrong with the combi :confused:
have you got discover media sat nav?

Our area is very good for DAB and we install it all the time, and never receive a complaint, it's down to poor aerial design and typical factory radios...

Our area is very good for DAB and we install it all the time, and never receive a complaint, it's down to poor aerial design and typical factory radios...

Thats official then the radio and aerial are cr%p in the t6 :(

I reported our Audi to the main the dealer and the same with VW and they both claim there are no issues with the radio or the ariels of either vehicle. They both also claim that I am the first they have ever know to complain to them about this. What a load of s##t

My area is not good for DAB, both the van and the works Transit Connect drop out in the same areas, Radio 1 is much better for signal compared to my preferred station, Radio X.

I've had a pioneer f88dab fitted. Must say I'm really disappointed with dab reception. Switch to fm and it's just as bad. I do live in deepest darkest Dorset but in comparison my wife's Standard head unit in the Yeti has excellent dab reception! Must be down to quality of Arial?

I'm having a shark fin aerial fitted next week, hopefully I should get an improvement. I think it's a combination of poor aerial, poor head unit , and badly screened electrics.

Oh dear this does not sound good. My swift is the first car I have had with DAB and I have quite a few favorites I can use. Occasional drop out round towns and in some of the hills when I go to Wales but on the whole fine. Could not tell you the head unit in tthe car just what it came with

I'm having a shark fin aerial fitted next week, hopefully I should get an improvement. I think it's a combination of poor aerial, poor head unit , and badly screened electrics.

That was my next plan of action as well so let us know how you get on.

What sort of price have you been quoted for that please.

That was my next plan of action as well so let us know how you get on.

What sort of price have you been quoted for that please.

I've been quoted about £90, but it'part of a whole load of other work I'm having done. I'll keep you posted on it's performance.

IMG_1306.JPG
I've had a pioneer f88dab fitted. Must say I'm really disappointed with dab reception. Switch to fm and it's just as bad. I do live in deepest darkest Dorset but in comparison my wife's Standard head unit in the Yeti has excellent dab reception! Must be down to quality of Arial?

Are you using a glass or the OE mirror Dab aerial? Both work okish on national stations, but like any radio reception it's down to the aerial....

For customers who require fantastic radio performance then roof aerial is the only way......

Then we use a Antennasystems besting type, 6" shorter then a normal beesting but it's the best we have come across..

Back