Pollen Filter ?

I did not do anything from the dealer .. I do not trust .... I wonder how they would replace the filter without ruining anything or without asking me two hours of work !! .... for the moment I keep the old filter and the new canned .. then I'll see ..

Having the same issue on my 66 reg t6 gave the old one a good tug and it came out some damage. Tried to fit new one after taking glove box out, unclipping the plastic cover flap and removing and undoing some of the black sub frame plastic dash part that’s in the way but still struggling to get enough pull on the plastic to get it in. As you say VW must have a trick for this ethervthat of they just don’t change it at all and say it’s been done !

Ok it’s in after removing the couple of screws that hold in the black plastic dash subframe and I clipping one of the supports. had to line new filter up at the back note the direction the old one comes out as the filter edge towards the front of the car has a small lip that sticks out to the passenger side wheel. then pulled the plastic bit that was in the way hard and compressed the filter slightly to get the first bit in then slid the rest up not easy but don’t think there was any damage to the new filter. The one I fitted was a crosland cabin filter 507440228 767649EB-C56B-4770-8A59-7B3D913BD57A.jpeg 0C9D4C48-6EFD-4165-A1C8-173C9047C315.jpeg 499F5E21-39A0-4352-BEF9-A81E0FB1BA37.jpeg C731A1D3-62CC-4548-999C-A438EDD53EF7.jpeg FEC6A419-450F-4241-AD55-FA16ADA91255.jpeg 57C1A072-6EC4-409F-B90E-A9D58374F309.jpeg 47A403C0-3F36-46D0-97D6-A49F23821B39.jpeg 4CDF0B31-8CA6-45D9-A877-656160F138DC.jpeg 08C638B6-2E79-438C-90EB-8CAF40679EED.jpeg

8E23A373-5CC6-4502-8DB0-6050BB88AD1B.jpeg

damn it, it makes me feel stupid not being able to do this job, do it well ... from a life that I do work on engines, even on my boats where there is not much space, but this damn filter is where my belly is not allows me to get .....

It really should be easier than this I think VW designers have made a error with this I can’t see any reason this should be so hard they could of just made a notch in the annoying plastic bit and the filter would of just fallen out.

Interestingly my van had a minor service two weeks ago long life oil change and pollen filter .... mmm don’t look like this filter was changed two weeks ago?!

And I’m glad I don’t pay the £130 odd for them to change the fuel filter just done that in 8mins start to finish and filter cost somthing like £40 in the e spares jan sale

0AACF291-F92C-4B20-8817-D237D54A0EE2.jpeg

I've done this job this aftetnoon and made a little video showing how.

I have previous experience of this type of filter in my 2015 Vivaro.

You mustn't be scared of compressing the filter, as it will always spring back into shape. ( even the heavier carbon type filters ).

The video is the best I could do one handed.

I've done this job this aftetnoon and made a little video showing how.

I have previous experience of this type of filter in my 2015 Vivaro.

You mustn't be scared of compressing the filter, as it will always spring back into shape. ( even the heavier carbon type filters ).

The video is the best I could do one handed.

Just seen your video after I just changed the cabin filter on my 2016 T6 and realised I've fitted it the wrong way also its missing the white strip/rubber from the cover and when I turn the A/C on it blows air from the cover.. I wonder if VW missplaced it when they changed the filters (only been serviced at VW ) and if I could order the part. Anyone got an idea about this ?

.... this damned virus makes us stay at home and then I found the time to change the filter .... it was very fast and simple ... it was not necessary to disassemble the glove compartment, only the lower cover with 4 clips, unscrew the small bolt, compress the filter and remove it ... compress the new one and reassemble everything ... 10 minutes ... only the belly struggles to get up again .. hahaha

I have eventually got around to doing mine and as above - squash the filter from the front (front of vehicle) of the chamber towards the rear (nearest the passenger's seat) and pull the front end of the filter down and out. Sounds rough (and it is a bit) but the filter will come out.
Haynes manual rules, assembly is the reverse of disassembly and proved easier than it looked, just make sure that the filter settles into place correctly. I didn't need to pull the lower dash plastic part down at all but I did modify it a bit to make it easier to hook the rear end of the cover into place.

Just one of those little jobs that I have got around to doing whilst locked down!

@alter it depends if you have a T5 or a T6, the T5 is as you say simple.

It really should be easier than this I think VW designers have made a error with this I can’t see any reason this should be so hard they could of just made a notch in the annoying plastic bit and the filter would of just fallen out.

Interestingly my van had a minor service two weeks ago long life oil change and pollen filter .... mmm don’t look like this filter was changed two weeks ago?!

And I’m glad I don’t pay the £130 odd for them to change the fuel filter just done that in 8mins start to finish and filter cost somthing like £40 in the e spares jan sale

View attachment 36647
Check the date code on the old one if you have it and complain if they’ve charged you for a new one.

I have eventually got around to doing mine and as above - squash the filter from the front (front of vehicle) of the chamber towards the rear (nearest the passenger's seat) and pull the front end of the filter down and out. Sounds rough (and it is a bit) but the filter will come out.
Haynes manual rules, assembly is the reverse of disassembly and proved easier than it looked, just make sure that the filter settles into place correctly. I didn't need to pull the lower dash plastic part down at all but I did modify it a bit to make it easier to hook the rear end of the cover into place.

Just one of those little jobs that I have got around to doing whilst locked down!

@alter it depends if you have a T5 or a T6, the T5 is as you say simple.

Hi Rod, did you replace the filter going by the mileage or age of the Van? My Van is at 67 plate and done 12000 miles.

Well thats done- anyone managed to do it without taking glove box out? The bottom panel just clips off so really looks like it should. The only bit that may not be accessible is where the filter housing lid clips on behind the govebox if that makes sense? I really should have checked but wife was calling.

Well thats done- anyone managed to do it without taking glove box out? The bottom panel just clips off so really looks like it should.
Yes, I have managed to replace my pollen filter without taking glove box out.
All you need to do is to squeeze the filter at specific angle. Seriously very simple. New unit comes back to original shape once sat in place.

Back