Broken oil filler neck: part number?

peterramsden

VIP Member
I just drove to the Alps from London in my 2016 T6 4motion. Before leaving I had a garage put in brighter bulbs and when taking out the air filter they saw it was dirty and replaced it. While en route my oil warning came on. I found the oil filler neck was loose and also realised that some oil had dropped onto the engine and while running fumes were escaping. I am guessing that the garage knocked it and it broke at the plastic weld. Could it have been caused by. gas pressure? It is very hard to find the part number. If anyone has a parts diagram of the filler assembly this would be v useful.

I just drove to the Alps from London in my 2016 T6 4motion. Before leaving I had a garage put in brighter bulbs and when taking out the air filter they saw it was dirty and replaced it. While en route my oil warning came on. I found the oil filler neck was loose and also realised that some oil had dropped onto the engine and while running fumes were escaping. I am guessing that the garage knocked it and it broke at the plastic weld. Could it have been caused by. gas pressure? It is very hard to find the part number. If anyone has a parts diagram of the filler assembly this would be v useful.
In fact you have to replace the whole rocker cover to fix this plastic tube.

Emergency Fix,
clean the area with Meths, white spirit, Isopropyl Alcohol etc (clean well) let the cleaner evaporate fully
, then super glue the crack back together, get the glue to flow into the crack if possible. Wipe away excess spills
when the super glue has set, apply a second coat to the line of the crack so it spreads either side of the cracked area ( slightly) let it dry.

Should be all good

If you need to apply some Gaffa style tape to assist one the glue had set .

I repaired a split mini rocker cover on a track day In exactly the way I described above , it lasted two years of track abuse !

Further to my original post the Briancon garage were unable to start the van after replacing the rocker cover 6 weeks ago. They have now had the van since then. Each week they try something new. This week they succeeded in restarting it after replacing all 4 injectors at their cost. (about 3000€). They think they may have damaged them when taking them out. Even so, the bill is going to be over 1000euros. Today they told me that the small turbo is showing up as a fault and that power is reduced by 50% and they are not able to fix it. Could they have they caused this as well? Can it be driven at low speeds in this condition to another garage?

Back