What's this?!

Colin123

I've had my new toy a couple of weeks now and thanks to the advice on this forum have found solutions to many questions ...

Today's entertainment was locating and pysically looking at the leisure battery. I wanted to know how to replace when the time arrives. Well that was a fun activity. I eventually worked out that a panel in a rear cupboard has to be taken out ... and found two batteries. 110 Ah. I have a solar panel and MPPT Pro thing. However attached to one of the batteries is a yellow connector with "Sterling Power" on it ... it has a couple of thin wires coming out of it and from what I can see from a google search is something to do with a battery to battery charger? But I can't find any charger box with Sterling on it ... any ideas?

I also found that to replace the leisure batteries the whole back panel of the cupboard has to be removed. That was after I worked out that the cupboard door was simply too small to get batteries through.

By the batteries I found a connector ... any ideas what it moght be for? Seems sealed off ... pictures below ...

IMG_E0771.jpgIMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0774.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Whereabouts is the mystery connector?

It looks to have 4 wires, two of which are twisted, so look like can-bus.

Hi … this is in the space by the leisure batteries ... just above the gas bottle compartment

Whereabouts is the mystery connector?

It looks to have 4 wires, two of which are twisted, so look like can-bus.
Hi … this is in the space by the leisure batteries ... just above the gas bottle compartment

I assume it’s part of the leisure battery system as it doesn’t appear to be factory given the location.

Do you know what 240v charger you have, and can you confirm if you have a battery to battery DC charger? If so, photos and model numbers will help people that have the same system to chime in with info.

I assume it’s part of the leisure battery system as it doesn’t appear to be factory given the location.

Do you know what 240v charger you have, and can you confirm if you have a battery to battery DC charger? If so, photos and model numbers will help people that have the same system to chime in with info.
I haven’t found a battery to battery dc charger (yet) these pictures show the 240v charger which I guess is active when on hook up … it has an outlet to the 12v distribution board/box … sounds like I need some more exploration in daylight … thanks for the input …IMG_0775.jpegIMG_0776.jpegIMG_0775.jpeg

I've had my new toy a couple of weeks now and thanks to the advice on this forum have found solutions to many questions ...

Today's entertainment was locating and pysically looking at the leisure battery. I wanted to know how to replace when the time arrives. Well that was a fun activity. I eventually worked out that a panel in a rear cupboard has to be taken out ... and found two batteries. 110 Ah. I have a solar panel and MPPT Pro thing. However attached to one of the batteries is a yellow connector with "Sterling Power" on it ... it has a couple of thin wires coming out of it and from what I can see from a google search is something to do with a battery to battery charger? But I can't find any charger box with Sterling on it ... any ideas?

I also found that to replace the leisure batteries the whole back panel of the cupboard has to be removed. That was after I worked out that the cupboard door was simply too small to get batteries through.

By the batteries I found a connector ... any ideas what it moght be for? Seems sealed off ... pictures below ...

View attachment 220414View attachment 220412View attachment 220416View attachment 220415
The yellow Sterling Power thingy looks like a battery temperature sensor. Maybe left over from a previous installation, or you may have a SP B2B charger lurking somewhere.

The yellow Sterling Power thingy looks like a battery temperature sensor. Maybe left over from a previous installation, or you may have a SP B2B charger lurking somewhere.
Thanks … I’m going to see where I get if I look at the other end of the battery space … daylight needed so I’ll report back.

Is it a Camper King conversion by any chance? The CBE DS300 is not smart alternator compatible so it’s likely a B2B charger has been installed somewhere. I believe from other posts CK usefully install a Sterling B2B charger behind the panel with all the CBE boxes on. Maybe you can see down from above or through the rear side window if you have one. No idea what the plug is for I’m afraid.

So ... thanks to the suggestions here ... much appreciated ... the Stirling Power yellow connector on one of the leisure batteries does indeed connect to a Stirling Power Pro Battery to Battery Charger BB1230 (after comparison with SP website). I found it by removing the 13amp sockets and taking photos inside the "void". It must have been a Camper King installation as there is no way it could have been retro fitted! I can't help thinking that inside the compartment where the other electrics are wouldn't have been a better place.

So now just the random connector! I may have another look and see if I can work out where the wires go ...

If you do a search on the Forum you’ll find that Camperking and electrical issues seem to appear in the same thread.

Some customer feedback to the converter just might steer them to do a better job

I can't help thinking that inside the compartment where the other electrics are wouldn't have been a better place.
Given it's important to see the indicators to see the state of the system that seems less than ideal.

Your mystery connector looks like it might be a small circuit board mounted in a plug held together with heatshrink. Do you have any more pictures?

Back