Plumbing Advice Please Gents

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have brilliant mains pressure.....actually, it feels like a little too much tbh. Anyhow, my kitchen mixer tap was dripping from the cold valve so I replaced it....no problemmo. When I turned the isolation valve on the cold supply to the tap back on, I thought I'd turn it down a touch so that it's more in line with the hot side. Here's the thing.....I'm sure I read somewhere years ago that you should not try to turn down the pressure by shutting isolation valves down? My question is......is it okay to just crack an isolation valve down in order to reduce the pressure at the tap......or should I have turned down the incoming supply at the mains stop tap.....although that would have affected ALL the taps......or should I just not open the tap fully if I'm that bothered? For now, the isolation valve under my tap is closed down by about half. I just like to know this kind of sh*t.
Cheers fellas!:thumbsup:

You would need a single stage flow regulator under the sink of you want to balance the flow, but the pressure at the mixer would still be the same once you turn the tap off.

You're not reducing pressure by closing the valve just the flow .
you're quite right @rover220.....I should have known that! It's the flow I wanted to reduce.....brain fart moment!!

I always knock my isolation valves back a tad from fully open.
That's good to know Dave....I suppose I could've asked Daz and he'd have just baffled me with bo**ocks!:thumbsup:

Back