Simple cold water system without a micro-switch tap

McFlude

T6 Pro
I could do with a bit of reassurance in my proposed water system.

I require a cold water supply to a sink. We use bottled water for drinking and cooking. We use washing facilities if on a site so only need occasional on board cold water.

I have a 24 litre wheelarch tank ( not the best purchase I have made) and a Can sink which does not have a micro-switch on the tap.

I am intending to use a Whale pressure switch and a simple low volume submersible pump. I did write to Whale for advice but just received a factsheet from them which is OK but I still have queries.

The power supply will be controlled from the CBE control unit. I assume that the live will come from this to the pressure switch and in turn from there to the pump. With the power on from the control panel I assume that when the tap is opened the pressure switch will set the pump going and hey presto water arrives in the sink.

Is it as simple as that? The reason for asking is that each previous decision and purchase has led to problems with the next step and as this is the final purchase of my conversion I thought that this time I would run it on the Forum before committing to buy.

Hi
yes it’s as simple as that, but, an immense overkill for just one tap, all those extra connections and the pump running to build up pressure to turn off, just fit a push button switch, press the button pump runs

simple

Hi
yes it’s as simple as that, but, an immense overkill for just one tap, all those extra connections and the pump running to build up pressure to turn off, just fit a push button switch, press the button pump runs

simple
I am considering that approach but couldn't decide where to place a switch !!! Also it makes getting water a two handed operation with the tap being a bit redundant.

A sureflow of similar can be fitted inline and can draw from the tank, and stops after you close the tap and the built in pressure switch cuts it out.

Can you not fit a micro switched tap to your sinK? Pressurised systems are unnecessary for a simple campervan.

Can you not fit a micro switched tap to your sinK? Pressurised systems are unnecessary for a simple campervan.
It is a Can Italian sink which is good quality (and expensive) and the tap is integral.

The last conversion I built was an old T5 which was simple and even the ply was salvaged from a rejected material bin of a van panel lining company and I think the sink, tap and pump was probably £50 all in. For this one I was inspired by the Rolling Homes Edition 10 van that I saw at the NEC and is a bit of a project. The final van, hopefully will much higher value than the old T5 so it has turned out to be a bit more involved especially as it is all a bit more bespoke than it probably should have be.

It is a Can Italian sink which is good quality (and expensive) and the tap is integral.

The last conversion I built was an old T5 which was simple and even the ply was salvaged from a rejected material bin of a van panel lining company and I think the sink, tap and pump was probably £50 all in. For this one I was inspired by the Rolling Homes Edition 10 van that I saw at the NEC and is a bit of a project. The final van, hopefully will much higher value than the old T5 so it has turned out to be a bit more involved especially as it is all a bit more bespoke than it probably should have be.
“Alexa turn the tap on”?

Back