T6 Won't start

Could it be I maybe do have an intermittent crank position sensor breaking up as after all it is a hall sensor.

The more I think about it the more I recall with it idling after a journey waiting in a drive through the engine stuttering almost like a miss fire and on some journeys whilst driving at 60/70mph the van stuttering with sometimes occasionally the van running a little rough after start up.

Could be plucking at straws who knows, just trying to back track a little bit, even though I get "good" readings for cam and crank via diag could I be being mislead?

Twizzling beard moment as the great Merlin does.

I've checked diagnostically today to see if the glow plug module is working and it is, stays live for 2.5 seconds when ignition is switched on and I've even back probed the wiring to them in the 14 pin connector in the E Hub under the battery it stays live for 2.5 seconds then it stops and flickers between 0v and 10.9v every second which I found strange? Surely it should be 0V? Or am I over thinking that?

I don’t know to that level of detail but I do know there’s few different power levels and that the glow on modern diesels is kept on for some time even after engine startup. So, in a way seeing some livelihood does not surprise me.

Definitely planning to keep the van I'm a vag man through and through, where is best to buy VCDS?

Stick with official UK distributors from Ross-Tech: Distributor List and you should be good. There’s lot of cheaper copies on market, may or may not work but most likely you won’t get any updates.

Back